Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to stream and record at the same time using one MacBook Pro and a PC laptop if possible.

Setup is:

Streaming video from only one camcorder going to the PC laptop for live virtual classroom events and then recording the video using the MacBook Pro as well as one FW cable. I have read that you can't get a FW cable splitter to split the video feed to each (correct me if this isn't true) laptop so I'm wondering what the other options are?

I also read that I could put the video feed into one of the laptops and then run another FW cable to the other laptop for the streaming however neither have more than one FW port :confused: So without making things complex what is the best way to handle this?

My only thought is stream from one (the PC laptop) and record (using a second camcorder) using the MBP and FCE. Seems like a tough way to do things but any suggestions are very welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.