PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike for mac??

aznatari
Aug 2, 2002, 05:00 PM
hey people:

i'm a major gamer that plays counter-strike on a pc (windows) and wants to switch to a mac because of various stability reasons. i want to know.......is there any possiblility for counter-strike to be compatible with the pc within the next few years?

chewbaccapits
Aug 2, 2002, 05:34 PM
I love this game...old, but still rocks hard....My understanding is that Sierra was infact bringing it to mac, but dropped it at the last minute.....Not sure why...I do wonder IF counter strike will ever make it to APPLE, too....

sparkleytone
Aug 2, 2002, 10:13 PM
wont happen. cs is way too late in its life. i mean damn, its a Half-Life mod. that game is ages old. its just not gonna happen. sorry. i still play every once in a while on my pc. its a shame, theres just no competition anymore.

job
Aug 3, 2002, 01:05 AM
Get Tactical-Ops.

It's far better, both in the gameplay and graphics departments.

It uses the Unreal Tournament engine.

Check out the official site : http://www.tactical-ops.to

ArtMan617
Aug 3, 2002, 07:51 AM
I've found myself terribly addicted to Counter-Strike recently (My user name is ArtMan617 if anyone wants to try to find me) and while the possibility of CS on a mac is so intriguing, I don't think Valve has enough freedom to say "we're going to make a mac version". But we can still hope...and hey, we can always play TO.

-ArtMan617

Draft
Aug 4, 2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by hitman
Get Tactical-Ops.

It's far better, both in the gameplay and graphics departments.

It uses the Unreal Tournament engine.

Check out the official site : http://www.tactical-ops.to

I agree. TO is better then CS. I highly suggest you try it out. It is also available for the PC.

Draft

balliet
Aug 4, 2002, 01:39 PM
I'm almost glad there is no CS for the mac, I've wasted countless hours of my life playing that game, I don't think I would want to get that addiction going again!

aznatari
Aug 4, 2002, 07:29 PM
How could you not want cs for macintosh??!! Its one of the best games out there online and has the best single player game with half-life! It's totally a downfall to the macs nowadays for people like me who want to get one but feel uncomfortable because its not compatible.

Something must be done.'

atari

job
Aug 5, 2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by aznatari
How could you not want cs for macintosh??!! Its one of the best games out there online and has the best single player game with half-life! It's totally a downfall to the macs nowadays for people like me who want to get one but feel uncomfortable because its not compatible.

Something must be done.'

atari

I don't think we will ever see a decent port of CS or HL to the Mac.

Sierra gave up, and killed the Mac port that was in development; the beta's that were in development have been locked deeper than any Carracho or Hotline server admin would care to dig.

It's never going to see the light of day.

jadam
Aug 11, 2002, 09:02 PM
err theres bringing CS to XBox, so just buy an XBox to play CS.

job
Aug 12, 2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by jadam
err theres bringing CS to XBox, so just buy an XBox to play CS.

[personal opinion]
**Excuse me while I puke in a bag** :D
[/personal opinion]

I can't stand the X-Box. As if that were not obvious enough. :D

bousozoku
Aug 13, 2002, 04:27 PM
Half-Life barely made it to the PC. If you search the archives of Game Developer magazine, you'll find the article about Valve under the Post Mortem section and how they struggled to even get the thing going at all.

Before they reworked it and got the Game of the Year edition, it was starting to look like the Joke of the Year.

Sierra just didn't care to dump any more money into it.

Draft
Aug 14, 2002, 10:45 AM
Now, I bet they're glad that they did dump money into it. I think that sierra would have also been happy with the profit if they would've finished the Half Life port for the mac about 2 years ago.

Draft

job
Aug 14, 2002, 10:51 AM
It's a relatively old game running on a very old engine.

Come on people Unreal2003 is just around the corner, mods for it are going to be amazing.

I'd much rather have Unreal2003 for the Mac rather than a CS port.....

Draft
Aug 14, 2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by hitman
It's a relatively old game running on a very old engine.

Come on people Unreal2003 is just around the corner, mods for it are going to be amazing.

I'd much rather have Unreal2003 for the Mac rather than a CS port.....

Of course. I was just saying that it would have been nice 2 years ago. Oh well.

I can't wait for Unreal2003, though. It should be sweet!

Draft

job
Aug 14, 2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Draft

Of course. I was just saying that it would have been nice 2 years ago. Oh well.

I hear that. :)

I can't wait for Unreal2003, though. It should be sweet!

Draft

Yeah, I know some people that have got the leaked PC betas, much like Mac users were able to "aquire" the developers releases of 10.2 in the Mac community.

sparkleytone
Aug 15, 2002, 03:42 AM
this is why theres no point in playing anymore. anyone who knows this map knows this shouldnt happen. cs has gone down the tubes. this was done a few days ago and im nowhere near the player i used to be.

sparkleytone
Aug 15, 2002, 03:44 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/alanbrent/.Pictures/assault.png

WTF all of the sudden images are broken again.

job
Aug 18, 2002, 05:37 PM
I'm using Mozilla and I get this message when I try to view the pic...

"The picture contains errors and cannot be displayed properly..."

Errr.... :confused:

Draft
Sep 3, 2002, 09:38 AM
Anyone wanting to try this mod out, go here:

http://yggdral.com/aotguide/

This is, by far, the most comprehensive guide to installing TO under both OS 9 & 10, on the web.

Draft

Jeffx342
Sep 11, 2002, 09:20 PM
The Halflife mod Team Fortress Classic 1.5

Do you know how long iv been waiting for Team Fortress 2

job
Sep 12, 2002, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure if TF2 will make it to the Mac as well....

I would like to see it run on X, but that's a pipe dream..

Sierra has a very spotty record with Mac games anyways, so I would not hold my breath.