PDA

View Full Version : Dual G5 iMac

EJBasile
Sep 1, 2004, 09:29 PM
Wouldn't a dual G5 processor iMac be really cool. Might as well add it to the wish list.

Wishlist:

-Dual iMac G5
-Dual Core PowerBook G4
-PowerBook G5
-Dual Core PowerMac G5
-60gb iPod
-Apple PDA
-G5 Cube
-iPod G5
-Apple Tablet

t300
Sep 1, 2004, 11:47 PM
Perhaps you should march to Cupertino and try to take Apple hostage and force Steve to make those for the public immediately...Or you could just take a nap and dream.

EJBasile
Sep 2, 2004, 08:28 AM
Perhaps you should march to Cupertino and try to take Apple hostage and force Steve to make those for the public immediately...Or you could just take a nap and dream.

Well if I took steve hostage, then i would go to jail, but there would be a dual iMac. When I'm in jail, I can dream up another idea. lol JK

MattG
Sep 2, 2004, 08:40 AM
Well if I took steve hostage, then i would go to jail, but there would be a dual iMac. When I'm in jail, I can dream up another idea. lol JK
Well at least the rest of us would benefit...that's all that matters ;)

5300cs
Sep 2, 2004, 08:42 AM
On that whole list I see only 1 thing plausable.......

Mr. Anderson
Sep 2, 2004, 08:57 AM
On that whole list I see only 1 thing plausable.......

given enough time, I think a few others will be around. The dual core option, specifically. And that's the only way you're going to get 2 CPUs in an iMac :rolleyes:

Always someone wants something more......

D

Macmaniac
Sep 2, 2004, 08:58 AM
The day the iMac becomes a dual machine, is the day when we have Quad Powermacs, it aint happening any time soon.

musicpyrite
Sep 2, 2004, 09:02 AM
Wishlist:

-Dual iMac G5
-Dual Core PowerBook G4
-PowerBook G5
-Dual Core PowerMac G5
-60gb iPod
-Apple PDA
-G5 Cube
-iPod G5
-Apple Tablet

You forgot a 2 button mouse. ;)

5300cs
Sep 2, 2004, 09:03 AM
given enough time, I think a few others will be around...

Ok, I guess I can see that.

The only 2 I see there that I think are really Pie in the Sky (for lack of a better term :rolleyes: ) are the PDA and the tablet.

Jobs has said about a gazillion times that Apple will NOT be making another PDA and I tend to believe him.

As for tablet pcs, correct me if I'm wrong but those have sold rather poorly since introduction, haven't they? The public just hasn't warmed up to them at all. I don't see Apple dipping into this market unless they were sure they could do well.

5300cs
Sep 2, 2004, 09:09 AM
You forgot a 2 button mouse. ;)

Funny you should mention that; today I was reading an interview with Jef Raskin, the creator of the original Mac. He said he somewhat regretted making the decision to go with a one-button mouse. He said that 2 button mouse with labels would have made more sense and been easier to use.

Don't tell the windows crowd that, though :eek: We'll never hear the end of it !! :rolleyes:

Le Big Mac
Sep 2, 2004, 09:17 AM
The only 2 I see there that I think are really Pie in the Sky (for lack of a better term :rolleyes: ) are the PDA and the tablet.

a G5 iPod? Yeah, I need that, cuz my songs don't play fast enough. And the burn marks all over my thigh.

AmigoMac
Sep 2, 2004, 10:11 AM
-Dual iMac G5 (Agree, as posted before, we should see quad-powermacs, but before we should see dual core and then dual processor dual core Powermac, your grandson may get one for school, dude , it will take long, maybe never)

-Dual Core PowerBook G4 (It will come, before the Powerbook G5, MWSF 05?, WWDC 05 ?)

-PowerBook G5 (That one is a big ?) I doubt we will see one in the next years...

-Dual Core PowerMac G5 (Already talked about it)

-60gb iPod (Next year, for the 2nd iTMS anniversary, maybe before)

-Apple PDA (We wish one but apple has a statement) I hope they get integrated with Palm for a good product capable of iTunes mobile...

-G5 Cube (I wish one for the 20th mac anniversary)

-iPod G5 ( :confused: , have you been smoking? ) J/K

-Apple Tablet , yeah, but not before the iBook gets a dual core G4 ...

OziMac
Sep 2, 2004, 10:29 AM
I think he means 5th generation iPod. Right?

wrldwzrd89
Sep 2, 2004, 10:30 AM
I think he means 5th generation iPod. Right?
That would be my guess too.

I agree with a previous poster that mentioned dual-core as the only way to get 2 CPUs into an iMac. I also agree that this won't happen until quad-CPU PowerMacs appear.

EJBasile
Sep 2, 2004, 09:06 PM
a G5 iPod? Yeah, I need that, cuz my songs don't play fast enough. And the burn marks all over my thigh.

Yea just be lucky that your iPod wasn't like mine and burnt itself. Seriously, it got really hot, started to stink up my house with odor of burning plastic. I got a new one though.