PDA

View Full Version : transferring music from iPod

mrbailey
Sep 1, 2004, 09:52 PM
Today I just made the switch from PC to Mac when my 12" PB arrived today! :) I love it; it's everything I expected and more. I had one question though. Is it possible to transfer my music from my iPod onto the PB? I connected the iPod to my PB and then I was able to copy the contents of the iPod's hd onto the hd of the PB, but when I looked in the folder, there were just folders for calendar, contacts, and notes. Any help would be appreciated.

iostream.h
Sep 1, 2004, 11:15 PM
Today I just made the switch from PC to Mac when my 12" PB arrived today! :) I love it; it's everything I expected and more. I had one question though. Is it possible to transfer my music from my iPod onto the PB? I connected the iPod to my PB and then I was able to copy the contents of the iPod's hd onto the hd of the PB, but when I looked in the folder, there were just folders for calendar, contacts, and notes. Any help would be appreciated.

Yup!

Try a program like:

Broken Helix (http://www.unm.edu/~owagner/)

DJY
Sep 1, 2004, 11:27 PM
That's how I not only got my 25GB of music across...
but also the rest of my data from my PC when I switched in June!

Couple of dumps onto my 40GB 3G iPod - and VOILA!
All my data was transferred from my PC (which I gave away), to my nice new shiny PB!

Just be careful when you plug your iPod into each machine not to let iTunes take it over each time... just click NO, and use it as a firewire Hard Drive.

Worked a treat!

I copied all my music over first, made sure it was in the PB, then did all my data...

after a few checks that I had everything - dragged all my msuci into iTunes - then when I plugged my iPod back into my PB and let iTunes athenticate.