Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I changed my avatar yesterday and after a few minutes it started showing up in threads. Today, in my profile, my new avatar is still there, but now threads have my old avatar. What's up?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I changed my avatar yesterday and after a few minutes it started showing up in threads. Today, in my profile, my new avatar is still there, but now threads have my old avatar. What's up?

Wonky servers I reckon
Have you tried logging completely out and logging back in?
Not sure that would trigger anything, but worth a shot

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I see the same avatar in your post and your profile -- the one with the woman, and then the flip to another woman holding her breasts after a couple of seconds.

techfreak85

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2008
Places
I changed my avatar the other day and had the same first part of your problem. Mine changed everywhere after an hour. I would personally like to see this get fixed.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
I see the same avatar in your post and your profile -- the one with the woman, and then the flip to another woman holding her breasts after a couple of seconds.

Thanks for describing my avatar so graphically, Mohan. I guess you missed her nice red hair and pretty eyes? :)

crap.JPG

As you can see, no red hair. No pretty eyes.

I even tried Firefox, and it's still the same, so not a browser issue.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Thanks for describing my avatar so graphically, Mohan. I guess you missed her nice red hair and pretty eyes? :)

Insult me if you need to, but is that (the women) your old avatar or your new one? If I see your new one and you see your old one, on the same website, perhaps you should try emptying your caches?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Insult me if you need to, but is that (the women) your old avatar or your new one? If I see your new one and you see your old one, on the same website, perhaps you should try emptying your caches?

I insulted you?? Surely didn't mean to.

The women is the new one.

I can try that, but Firefox, which I haven't been using for MR and had to login to use had the same issue.

Edit: Crap, that worked. Thanks!

However, I did nothing for Firefox and it's working now too. Strange.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Ok, I am confused
Which avatar are we supposed to be seeing now?
Cause I still see the 2 scary women

Does everyone on MR need to clear their cache? :)

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Ok, I am confused
Which avatar are we supposed to be seeing now?
Cause I still see the 2 scary women

Does everyone on MR need to clear their cache? :)

You seriously think my wife is scary looking??? :)

I already fixed it. See above. Why did Firefox do this though? And it got fixed in Firefox from a change in Safari????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.