Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soura2112

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I want to use iWeb as the main website and just use a link to go to a forum. I have been on google trying to find the best forum hosting for Apple.
Does anyone use a forum linked from iWeb? Curious if it works well. I am sure there are many, though asking those on this forum.
Also, does anyone suggest a good website to start a forum since there are a lot on the web. This is just a project to take my website a little further, and want to learn more about web hosting. Even though iweb has it's faults it makes my life easier, and I am looking for an easy forum, and cheap would be great!
Thanks

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I want to use iWeb as the main website and just use a link to go to a forum. I have been on google trying to find the best forum hosting for Apple.
Does anyone use a forum linked from iWeb? Curious if it works well. I am sure there are many, though asking those on this forum.
Also, does anyone suggest a good website to start a forum since there are a lot on the web. This is just a project to take my website a little further, and want to learn more about web hosting. Even though iweb has it's faults it makes my life easier, and I am looking for an easy forum, and cheap would be great!
Thanks

There's not really any such thing as "forum hosting for Apple." All you need is a webhost that supports php, really- pretty much any of the hosting providers in the sticky at the top of the forum are capable of running forums.

If you really want it to be easy, start a Google or Yahoo group and use the message board, especially because it seems like you aren't going to have a lot of members anyway. Otherwise you can deal with the crappy "free" solutions that plaster your forum with ads.

http://www.google.com/search?q=free...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.