PDA

View Full Version : my iMac questions

Anarchy99
Sep 2, 2004, 11:28 AM
i was planning on getting a g5 imac it seem good if not great for my needs except for the graphics card
i was planning on getting one around christmas but i was wondering is there a chance they could add a better bto gfx card if not how meny months after christmas would be a realistic estimate for a rev b of this imac
another question that might make me chnge my mind on waiting for a new one is how willl doom3 run on this and what would a comparable pc rig be to this imac so i can see estimated frame rates ect of it on the imac
i want to use core image/video and motion and tiger when realeased how will this imac handle those

vraxtus
Sep 2, 2004, 12:01 PM
i was planning on getting a g5 imac it seem good if not great for my needs except for the graphics card
i was planning on getting one around christmas but i was wondering is there a chance they could add a better bto gfx card if not how meny months after christmas would be a realistic estimate for a rev b of this imac
another question that might make me chnge my mind on waiting for a new one is how willl doom3 run on this and what would a comparable pc rig be to this imac so i can see estimated frame rates ect of it on the imac
i want to use core image/video and motion and tiger when realeased how will this imac handle those

-_-

Upgrading video card on iMac G5 = never
Doom3 on iMac G5 = joke
Gaming on Macs = joke

vouder17
Sep 2, 2004, 12:04 PM

Yeah the graphics card is abit dissapointing. And i doubt that they will add a BTO option to the iMac. But i reckon that this computer will be better than you expected in all areas, except for games but then again apple hasn't ever really performed there :(
As for the Rev B, my guess would be about Feb/March, i am thinking about getting my iMac then.
Well concerning Doom 3, even apple says that it will run, but I expect that is all it will do, not run well, just work. As for motion it will work on these specs.
As for the PC Part not to good in that department so can't really help, but i hope this has helped.

DjVoTeZ