PDA

View Full Version : My iPhone gets warm after a few minutes of use

mikeee
Mar 3, 2010, 09:23 PM
My iPhone 3G gets warm/hot after a few minutes of use, anyone else? im talking about just scrolling thru springboard apps and checking your text then locking your phone, and repeating this again a lil bit afterwards. anyone?

-aggie-
Mar 3, 2010, 09:29 PM
See the post right below yours:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=873104

I just pretty much told the OP what I'd tell you. If you're in warranty, you can get it replaced for free. Warmth is fine, hot is not.

mikeee
Mar 3, 2010, 09:40 PM
See the post right below yours:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=873104

I just pretty much told the OP what I'd tell you. If you're in warranty, you can get it replaced for free. Warmth is fine, hot is not.

well my iphone constantly stays warm when its not in use inside the pocket of my pants, is this weird? the only thing i have running is "phone" which should be running correct? wifi is not running nor is location services, push and all that stuff.

-aggie-
Mar 3, 2010, 09:44 PM
well my iphone constantly stays warm when its not in use inside the pocket of my pants, is this weird? the only thing i have running is "phone" which should be running correct? wifi is not running nor is location services, push and all that stuff.

It wouldn't matter. The only thing that should get any warmth at all is playing games (essentially the battery intensive stuff). Supposedly, constant surfing can get the battery warm, but I've never noticed anything. But just being your pants, no.

Unless you have hot pants. :)

mikeee
Mar 3, 2010, 10:08 PM
It wouldn't matter. The only thing that should get any warmth at all is playing games (essentially the battery intensive stuff). Supposedly, constant surfing can get the battery warm, but I've never noticed anything. But just being your pants, no.

Unless you have hot pants. :)

do you think its my battery thats causing too much heat? maybe a defective battery? and where can i get a replacement one? good reliable one. i know how to remove it, i just need one to test it