PDA

View Full Version : eMac Display looks better than iMac display

macswitcha2
Mar 4, 2010, 01:36 AM
Why does it seem like my eMac display looks nicer than my iMac display? I always wanted to know or am I tripping?

MacHamster68
Mar 4, 2010, 04:27 AM
Why does it seem like my eMac display looks nicer than my iMac display? I always wanted to know or am I tripping?

because the eMac has a crt screen , and crt screens have warmer and more natural colors to the eye , that why i am such a big fan of crt screens ,, i have a nice lcd screen too ,it delivers a good picture, ok it cost more then 5 times what i payed for the eMac , but if i compare for example a landscape picture , on the lcd it looks like a photo , but on the emac the same picture feels more natural, like looking out of a window

wessew
Mar 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
Your iMac display may need calibration. After calibration, it should have the correct color balance and be similar to the eMac. I use the Spyder 3 Express.

MacHamster68
Mar 4, 2010, 10:04 AM
Your iMac display may need calibration. After calibration, it should have the correct color balance and be similar to the eMac. I use the Spyder 3 Express.
does not help really, i done that all too ,even bought some calibrating tools for my mate who did want such a nice picture as on my eMac , has a alloy imac , but after calibrating for a week the colors still feel cold , good perfect picture no argue about that , it just feels cold and lifeless on a lcd
i even miss my crt tv , have a plasma tv and its perfect ,but it lacks this natural feeling too, dont know really how to describe it

ttopp
Mar 4, 2010, 10:46 AM
i think the same a good CRT for normal def is still best i think but the plasma is better than LCD for moving pics and HD is better on plasma but CRT pics still good

macswitcha2
Mar 4, 2010, 12:35 PM
Apart from the picture, the desktop simply looks more crisp and clear than the iMac screen....

eelpout
Mar 4, 2010, 12:44 PM
My eyes miss CRT's but my back certainly doesn't. :)

MacHamster68
Mar 4, 2010, 02:47 PM

its the build quality thats so heavy ;)

Intell
Mar 4, 2010, 02:50 PM
I do miss the eMac's amazing screen. I don't miss it's 50 pounds of weight. I think the reason is because it's a CRT, which provide nicer viewing experiences over any flat panel.

polotska
Mar 4, 2010, 03:07 PM

Agreed! Although I think I do have one or two CRTs still kicking around here, somewhere...

raysfan81
Mar 4, 2010, 08:24 PM

haha. I think I still have an ~10 year old crt hooked up to an old computer and it still works. Just don't wont to move it too much. :D

raysfan81
Mar 4, 2010, 08:24 PM

because eMacs are boss

macswitcha2
Mar 4, 2010, 11:44 PM
Can the eMac be used as a TV? Can I turn it to a TV?

Buzz Bumble
Mar 5, 2010, 12:27 AM
haha. I think I still have an ~10 year old crt hooked up to an old computer and it still works. Just don't wont to move it too much. :D

My original Apple CRT died about six years ago :( but I've still got the replacement Samsung CRT on my G3 PowerMac which is still in daily use. There's also a "Dell" CRT on this ancient Windoze PC, although in reality it's the exact same display as the Samsung, just with minor styling changes.

MacHamster68
Mar 5, 2010, 02:59 AM
Can the eMac be used as a TV? Can I turn it to a TV?

i can use mine as a tv by simply sticking a dvb-t stick into one of the usb connections , i know it works with the usb 2.0 models , but there had been
tv sticks for firewire around