Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC2739

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
I'm helping someone who recently cloned all of their server data from a MacPro running 10.5 server to a new MacPro server running 10.6 server. They have their network users' home folders on a mirrored RAID with no OS loaded onto it. When they made the switch, the owner permissions for all of the users' home folders were reset. When I try to change them back, either through the Finder or Server Admin, once I try to save them the permissions revert back to the incorrect owner. It won't save the changes i make. I thought the problem was a result of the newer RAID having been created in 10.5 by the old machine, but I recreated the RAID in 10.6 and transferred the data back and it still has the same issue. The homes are really messed up because of this. Any ideas?

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Who owns the mounted volume? Say it was mounted at /Volumes/Data you could use Terminal to see this:

Code:
ls -lad /Volumes/Data

Personally, I'd use Terminal anyway, as it would be more likely to show you usable error messages, if any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.