PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Itunes in college while using router... giving me problems

mohmandm
Sep 3, 2004, 12:25 AM
Ok so here's my setup... I have a d-link wireless router. My ethernet cord is plugged into wall (university) and then into the WAN port of router. Then I have powerbook hooked up wirelessly and PC is hooked up through one of the LAN ports of router. When I have ethernet cord directly connected to pc i can see everyone's shared music but when I have the setup like I listed before, I can only see my two computers, (if i'm on pb i can see pc and vice versa) but I cannot see other users. Could any of you give me some directions so I can keep using internet on both computers and see all sharing users on both computers?

numark
Sep 3, 2004, 01:48 AM
Make sure that you're not acting as a DHCP server with your router. If you are, you'll be assigning yourself a different IP than the rest of the campus, and therefore iTunes won't see anyone else. iTunes songs can only be shared on the same subnet. There should be a setting in your router setup to disable DHCP assignments.