PDA

View Full Version : Griffin PowerMate knob

cgnjny
Sep 3, 2004, 12:57 PM
I just picked up a Griffin PowerMate knob (aluminum) and find the device to be fantastic and quite useful. In case people don't know, it's a solid-state knob that has a click-and-dial feature that can be programmed to do any key commands or preset commands you choose.

I've used some presets and created my own -- for example, when i click it in the finder (global), it opens iTunes. Within iTunes, I control volume and track selection. Safari works for scrolling and for moving among pages.

Anyone else find this device highly useful? Anyone care to share tips on usage?

Best.

jimsowden
Sep 3, 2004, 10:09 PM
It just looks cool for me. Thats why i got it, i never use it.

yellow
Sep 3, 2004, 10:19 PM
It just looks cool for me. Thats why i got it, i never use it.

Same here. I finally unplugged it because the light bugged me when I slept in my office.

macidiot
Sep 3, 2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, that thing is really cool looking. Has an nice feel when you use it too. Unfortunately I can never think of a good enough reason to justify getting it. Its sort of pricey for a dial.

Kingsnapped
Sep 3, 2004, 11:07 PM
As cool looking as it is, in a couple weeks, you will realize you can adjust the volume and track count with your keyboard. If you want something pretty, buy a nice desk lamp. If you are actually looking for something you will use after the novelty wears off.. start looking at honest-to-god shuttles. I use mine (http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/shuttlexpress.htm) with my powerbook more than I use my mouse.