PDA

View Full Version : Considering Macbook Pro

FLCL
Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 PM
Hey everyone, I've been toe-ing the line of switching to mac for a while and I'm finally making a buy. I'm thinking of buying Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz, 4GB ram. I'm going to be using this mostly for casual browsing, web design and playing games such as World of Warcraft. My question is how well the fps are in-game, namely in high population areas as Dalaran and on what settings you're achieving those on. Thanks :)

lilo777
Mar 8, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hey everyone, I've been toe-ing the line of switching to mac for a while and I'm finally making a buy. I'm thinking of buying Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz, 4GB ram. I'm going to be using this mostly for casual browsing, web design and playing games such as World of Warcraft. My question is how well the fps are in-game, namely in high population areas as Dalaran and on what settings you're achieving those on. Thanks :)

With all these concerns, tell us why do you want to switch at all? I am sure you can do all that you need (including WoW) on your PC just fine. :D

LesQQmorePewPew
Mar 8, 2010, 12:04 AM
i get about 30 fps in dalaran so i hide in the shops. might want to see wat the next update has in store.

FLCL
Mar 8, 2010, 07:41 AM
Not many concerns is it? :P
I grew tired of the sloppy Windows OS long ago and have been putting up with it since(excluding the 3 years of Linux), the Mac OS is much stronger and many times more stable than any Windows version and being based off Unix is always a plus ^.^
There are a lot more reasons but that's one of the fundamentals.

@LessQQmorePewPew: 30 Fps isn't too bad given it's dalaran, how well are the frame rates in other places such as Battlegrounds and raids?

Ludaru
Mar 8, 2010, 07:51 AM
It seems you've met a conclusion. Enjoy your 30 fps for the next 2-3 years.

FLCL
Mar 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
@Ludaru: I'll have my next desktop replacement for gaming before the 1 year mark, so I'm really not too worried about that time-line lol.

cswee10582
Mar 9, 2010, 05:15 AM
FLCL, you will not regret the switch! I switched 2 weeks ago today, and this is AWESOME!!! Stability is the keyword now!!!

Enjoy!

Chris