Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkriheli

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
new york, ny
Guys,

I am interested in getting involved in the developer program at apple and can't seem to find any documentation outside of their light FAQ, and was wondering two things:

1. If I wanted to get into iPad/iPhone development, would the $99 fee cover that?

2. If I wanted to purchase a new MBP 13" or 15", what kinds of hardware discounts do they have for the $99 developer programs? Are there any?

3. If I have an employee discount, can I combine it with any apple developer discounts.

I am hoping some of you folks may have answers to these things as I'd rather not go through the endless loop of getting transferred to folks on the phone.

Thanks!

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
There's no hardware discount with the $99 membership.

I think the hardware discounts were about 20%, but I'm trying to remember from some years ago, it might have changed more recently to prevent abuse of the system. It's a tidy discount if were going to sign up for the pre-release software anyway, and the discount is a bonus.

As for the employee & developer discount, I don't think you could combine them, but it'd be very decent of Apple if you could!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.