Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timring

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
California
It doesn't take a long time for me. I've tried it on different computers and web browsers too. What browser are you using?

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
It doesn't take a long time for me. I've tried it on different computers and web browsers too. What browser are you using?

safari, firefox and opera from osx. safari, firefox, opera, ie form a wm.

And it is not my line since i have a 50.000/50.000 fiber line.
where is your server located.

and is it shared hosting or do you have a privat server/ vps?

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Loads reasonable fast for me. It's only 96KB and loads in about 1.5 seconds here.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
  • Be sure to validate your page. You have 28 errors on the home page. This will help you learn HTML more as well.
  • Don't use tables for layout. Tables are for data. Use CSS to do your layout.
  • Never use the font tag.
  • Your icon links are not apparent as to what they link to. Use the title attribute so that there will be a tooltip for them where you can put some text explaining where the link will take them. This also adds accessibility to the page for those who use screen readers and also helps with search engine ranking.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Your pages mostly load fine, but the photo page is slow and missing a number of images.

The navigation isn't apparent, and why would you have external links for your first two links? Makes me wonder why you even have a site (unless I explore more, but remember, a lot of people will only look at what grabs their attention first, and if it's not interesting, they'll leave).

One other point, the Photoshop symbol you're using for one of your icons is almost certainly copywrited, and thus you are probably in violation. I'd recommend changing it to avoid any issues.

jW

jo0

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
your site look ok but it is painfully slow to load.
:)

site loads fine for me as well, might check your ISP mate.

on another note the site looks great. i like the simplicity, and the colour you chose.

my only thoughts otherwise are that i would rather see no link than a link that takes me somewhere to tell me the link doesn't work. alternatively place a '#' so it shows as a link but takes no action. just some thoughts!

jo0

splitpea

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Among the starlings
Takes a while to load for me too -- not horiffically slow, but slower than such a simple site should be on broadband (and no, my ISP isn't slow. At least not with other sites and not today;)). You might want to check the file sizes of your images: I can watch the progress bars as each loads; usually images of those dimensions just flash the progress bar for me. If it's not file sizes, it might be your hosting. How do you have it hosted?

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The actual site loads fast for me, but when I go to "Photography" for example, the gallery takes VERY long to load.

chuanist

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
S.F. Bay Area
The links to the design and photography galleries are an interesting design filip but are not strong enough to highlight these important parts of your site. To do that job well you probably have to take them out of the flow of your introductory paragraph and to do that some re-design will be needed.

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
England
That's a really nice design. I definitely like the simplistic look of it. However, I would avoid having "under construction" pages. Generally they put me off of the website, so I guess try to get to work on them as soon as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.