Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
I am new to Mobile me and i am having some issues and i am wondering of anyone can help me out.

I have a MacBook Pro, a Mac pro and an iPhone 3GS

I want to keep all of these connected with my contacts and my iCal. iCal is my life.

So here are my issues. I have linked all of these devices together and chose to merge all the data on each and now i am having issues with not only duplicates arising but also i am having issues with some of my events being changed and given the wrong times.

I have gone into the devices and changed them and for now it seems to be fine but why did this happen. Also i went onto the site through my preferences and i tried to change the event times in there under the calendar tab and it changed all the times to be off by 3 hours. Again why???
Could that be my timezone?

I will leave it at that for now.

Thanks

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
I am new to Mobile me and i am having some issues and i am wondering of anyone can help me out.

I have a MacBook Pro, a Mac pro and an iPhone 3GS

I want to keep all of these connected with my contacts and my iCal. iCal is my life.

So here are my issues. I have linked all of these devices together and chose to merge all the data on each and now i am having issues with not only duplicates arising but also i am having issues with some of my events being changed and given the wrong times.

I have gone into the devices and changed them and for now it seems to be fine but why did this happen. Also i went onto the site through my preferences and i tried to change the event times in there under the calendar tab and it changed all the times to be off by 3 hours. Again why???
Could that be my timezone?

I will leave it at that for now.

Thanks

For the life of me, I don't get "merge data"... It begs for duplicates to be created...

I sync 3 Macs and an iPhone and when I have issues I get one of the Macs just the way I want it (while off-line) then replace the data on MobileMe and the other devices. The key is to "REPLACE" the data and it works every time...

Yes, and make sure all settings are the same on all devices - i.e. timezone, junk mail etc...

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
For the life of me, I don't get "merge data"... It begs for duplicates to be created...

I sync 3 Macs and an iPhone and when I have issues I get one of the Macs just the way I want it (while off-line) then replace the data on MobileMe and the other devices. The key is to "REPLACE" the data and it works every time...

Yes, and make sure all settings are the same on all devices - i.e. timezone, junk mail etc...

How do i change it back to "Replace" instead of "Merge"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.