Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daymare

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2010
Hey I have that mouse. Now I can go get all that fancy software crap for my mouse. Thank you :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
The day OSX graphics were found in the Steam beta I knew we were in for a flood of Mac gaming goodness. Nicely done Razer. I've been trying to use USB Overdrive (I think it's called) to mimic the Razer drivers on Windows but it's just not the same.

teidon

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Razer today released new Mac drivers for Orochi (v1.03), with one addition: Added support for button assignments. Get it here.

That's all nice, except that the possible button assignments are very limited. There's nothing like "Backwards/Forwards" assignments or Dashboard or such. Also there are mouse buttons only up to 5 (Mouse Button 3/4/5), even though the mouse has 7 buttons. Also no support for macros. You can only bind single keys, but nothing like Command+left or such.

Anyways, a nice update, but I hope Razer will further improve the driver. Also a possibility for Mac users to update the firmware of their mouse would be really welcome addition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.