Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Ohio
I just got another 20gb iPod through the Apple Cram and Jam deal. Already, I had a 15gb iPod. I dont need both of them, so I'm trying to decide which one to sell and to keep. Battery life and the extra 5 gb arent that big of a deal for me, but do the extra "secret" functions of the 4G iPod make it worth keeping, aside from the other two things?

thanks

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I'd keep the 4G. You never know what Apple will come up with concerning the "secret" features. The 4G, I have found, is easier to use (because of the click wheel), but that's just personal preference.

mrbailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Ohio
thanks for the advice, its exactly what i wanted to hear! :) I was leaning towards keeping the 4G, but needed an extra push.

mrbailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Ohio
if i were to sell it on a college campus, what do you think a fair price would be for the iPod (in box with all original accessories and its two months old) plus a marware sportsuit basic case, and a usb 2.0 cable. I think the retail for all of that stuff now would be around $290.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Keep the 4G and sell the 3G. My wife and I have had at least one of each gen iPod and I'd have to say the 3G's were probably the worst.....and the 4G is quickly becoming the best (in my opinion).......I am still very partial to my 20GB 2G though......loved that iPod:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.