PDA

View Full Version : AirPort Problems... Mac/PC

Gked
Sep 4, 2004, 10:49 PM
Hi guys... Well i went out and gladly spent a lota money today on my new AirPort wireless network... I cant wait to get it setup... I got an AirPort Express, and a Extream, and 2 PC D-Link USB 802.11g for my PCs, and an old AirPort card for my Older G4... Now for some reason i cant get any of the computers to work... My mac just cant find any Airport Networks even though the AirPort is RIGHT next to it... And with my PC The Wireless D-Link sees the AirPort Base station but when i try to setup the base station using the Apple setup software, AirPort Express Assistant when i start the software it says an error occurred when trying to access the wireless networking sub system, and then when i click on the base station it says Reading base station and then asks for a password for this base station, I dont have any password but whatever i type it takes it and then says reading the base station again and then comes back with an error saying... Cannot read from base station Bad Param Error (-4) click the back button to try again...

What should i do? I have a feeling that the airport card compUSA sold me is bad... They said it was their last one because it was discontinued and they would sell me that one for 10 bucks off because it was opened.... But i really want to get at least the PCs setup for now!!! thanks guys for any help in advance!

jackieonasses
Sep 4, 2004, 10:56 PM
why would you double post?

Gked
Sep 4, 2004, 10:57 PM
What do you mean?

jackieonasses
Sep 4, 2004, 11:07 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=87669 you did it twice.

Gked
Sep 4, 2004, 11:11 PM
Yes im sorry... I didnt know what forum it would go under best... Im just lookin for some help, no harm intended...

Darwin
Sep 5, 2004, 01:43 AM
Hi guys... Well i went out and gladly spent a lota money today on my new AirPort wireless network... I cant wait to get it setup... I got an AirPort Express, and a Extream, and 2 PC D-Link USB 802.11g for my PCs, and an old AirPort card for my Older G4... Now for some reason i cant get any of the computers to work... My mac just cant find any Airport Networks even though the AirPort is RIGHT next to it... And with my PC The Wireless D-Link sees the AirPort Base station but when i try to setup the base station using the Apple setup software, AirPort Express Assistant when i start the software it says an error occurred when trying to access the wireless networking sub system, and then when i click on the base station it says Reading base station and then asks for a password for this base station, I dont have any password but whatever i type it takes it and then says reading the base station again and then comes back with an error saying... Cannot read from base station Bad Param Error (-4) click the back button to try again...

What should i do? I have a feeling that the airport card compUSA sold me is bad... They said it was their last one because it was discontinued and they would sell me that one for 10 bucks off because it was opened.... But i really want to get at least the PCs setup for now!!! thanks guys for any help in advance!

OK

First if you believe that the Airport Card is faulty you may want to try plugging the G4 directly to the Base Station (Extreme one, right?) with an ethernet cable, this can be a short term solution till you find another card and you will be able to access its settings

Now I'm I under the impression that you haven't really set these Base Stations up yet?

If you have setup the Extreme Base Station you can now setup the Express one, maybe you can try setting it up on your G4 (via ethernet), just to see if that makes a difference

And is the Express going to be used to extend the Network yes

Gked
Sep 5, 2004, 02:02 AM
That is a good idea... Thanks... Well I havnt gotten either of them setup yet... So you think i should just set them up via ethernet? I didnt know i could do that.... What do i? Just plug in the ethernet cord and run the airport setup?

Darwin
Sep 5, 2004, 02:53 AM
That is a good idea... Thanks... Well I havnt gotten either of them setup yet... So you think i should just set them up via ethernet? I didnt know i could do that.... What do i? Just plug in the ethernet cord and run the airport setup?

I think you just plug it in and run the setup yes, do the Extreme one first then the Express, if you have any problems just come back here