PDA

View Full Version : iSight cable...

MarkW19
Sep 5, 2004, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking of getting an iSight.

Could someone who's got one please tell me how long the Firewire cable is that it comes with?

Thanks,

Mark

BornAgainMac
Sep 5, 2004, 09:38 AM
1.8 m (According the the Online Apple Store)

MarkW19
Sep 5, 2004, 09:48 AM
OK, thanks!

MarkW19
Sep 5, 2004, 12:21 PM
And, I'll be mounting the iSight on top of my 17" Apple Studio (TFT) display, (not aluminium one).

Can the iSight tilt up and down, and rotate left to right on its mount?

And, what are the 4 mounts that you get with it?

Cheers!

NeoMayhem
Sep 5, 2004, 12:24 PM
And, I'll be mounting the iSight on top of my 17" Apple Studio (TFT) display, (not aluminium one).

Can the iSight tilt up and down, and rotate left to right on its mount?

And, what are the 4 mounts that you get with it?

Cheers!

Yes, but it doesn't turn left or right that much. Maybe an inch each direction.

It comes off the mount pretty easily though, so it should not be a problem.

tobio
Sep 5, 2004, 03:56 PM
Mine only came with 3 stands, so maybe the package has changed within the last 3 months or so.

A "clip on" mount (shown in most of the publicity photos) designed for mounting onto the top of a powerbook or ibook and held in place with a thumb screw.

A "desk stand" with a flat surface that you can stand on your table or desk in front of your monitor, possibly aimed at emac users. Has an adhesive bottom to stick it in place if you want.

A "flat screen" stand, similar to the desk stand one, but with a vertical flat surface instead of a horizontal one, you are supposed to stick it onto the back of your imac, or cinema display, having the camera poking over the top at you.

It wouldn't suprise me if the kit has recently changed, as i dont see many people willing to permanently glue their isight onto their desks, or expensive 23" cinema displays, which seems to be how they are designed.

MarkW19
Sep 5, 2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks tobio...

And, can the isight tilt up and down and left to right?

LeeTom
Sep 5, 2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks tobio...

And, can the isight tilt up and down and left to right?

Yes, it can tilt up, down, left, and right.

Lee Tom