Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Hopefully, a quick question: I have hundreds of voice recordings in my iPhone QuickVoice app and a few of them for some reason will not transfer to my Mac with QuickVoice's Sync utility. Tried twice and all but the same few won't come through, yet they play fine on my iPhone. I must get them to my Mac though and they are more than a few minutes long each so the app says they're too big to e-mail.

Which leaves me with I'm guessing the only other option is to access the iPhone's system files, wherever the QuickVoice app stores the recordings, while it's connected to my Mac, pick out the few that didn't transfer over, and copy them to my Mac.

Any idea how to go about doing this WITHOUT a jailbroken iPhone?

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it. :)

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Without jailbreaking, I think you're out of luck.
PhoneView (as posted above) and similar applications will only allow full disk access (which you would require) on jailbroken devices.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, u wont be able to browse thru the files thats on your phone unless your jailbroken..

Luckily all your system files, pictures, and app data is backed up everytime you sync your phone... Im on a mac. Theirs an app called iphone backup extractor.. This extracts all the files in the backup. really easy to navigate thru.. i recommend u get the files that way...

if your unable to find the app. u can send me a private message and i will do it for u.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Luckily all your system files, pictures, and app data is backed up everytime you sync your phone... Im on a mac. Theirs an app called iphone backup extractor.. This extracts all the files in the backup. really easy to navigate thru.. i recommend u get the files that way...

if your unable to find the app. u can send me a private message and i will do it for u.

Worked perfect! Was able to recover the missing files in a couple of minutes! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

r0s1e

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
Iphone Backup extractor?

Is this app still available? I couldn't find it when I searched in the app store. I coincidentally am trying to pass over my QuickVoice files to my mac also! Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.