PDA

View Full Version : Police: Woman Crashes Car While Shaving Bikini Area

mkrishnan
Mar 12, 2010, 01:18 PM
What would a Friday on MacRumors be without a news article like this one? :)

(March 8) -- Sometimes multitasking has its limits.

Such is the case in the Florida Keys, where police say a 37-year-old woman crashed her 1995 Ford Thunderbird into another car as she attempted to shave her bikini area.

According to the arrest report, on March 2, Megan Mariah Barnes told Florida State Trooper Gary Dunick that she was on her way to Key West to meet her boyfriend, and that she "wanted to be ready for the visit." So, police say she had her ex-husband, Charles Judy, who was riding in the passenger seat, take the wheel while she attended to her pubic hair.

The results weren't pretty. Going 45 mph, Barnes and Judy are said to have rear-ended a car that had slowed to make a left turn.

A day earlier, Barnes had been convicted of numerous driving infractions, including DUI with a prior arrest and driving with a suspended license. She had been ordered to impound her car, her license was revoked for five years, and she had been placed on probation for nine months.

Dunick told The Citizen newspaper that after the crash, in which two passengers in the other car were treated for minor injuries at an area hospital, Barnes drove for another half-mile before switching seats with Judy in an attempt to make it seem to police as though she had not been driving.

"It is unbelievable," Dunick said. "I'm really starting to believe this stuff only happens in the Keys."

"She was charged with leaving the scene of an accident," said police spokesman Lt. Alex Annunziato, "in addition to all the charges stemming from her earlier violations."

If found guilty of violating the terms of her probation, Barnes could face a year behind bars.

rdowns
Mar 12, 2010, 01:23 PM
I've heard of muff divers but not muff drivers.

MacDawg
Mar 12, 2010, 01:45 PM
Her ex-husband took the wheel so she could shave her muff clean for her new boyfriend?
What a swell guy he is

The old line of "pics or it didn't happen" takes on a whole new level here

FSMBP
Mar 12, 2010, 02:14 PM
rdowns & MacDawg - it's always a pleasure to read your comments. Haha

I can't beileve this happened AND that she admitted this to the police. Couldn't have she said she got distracted briefly before she saw the car infront...jeez!

bobr1952
Mar 12, 2010, 02:22 PM
If you have been to the Keys, you would probably believe it.

bigjnyc
Mar 12, 2010, 02:23 PM
Her ex-husband took the wheel so she could shave her muff clean for her new boyfriend?
What a swell guy he is

lol thats what I was thinking as I was reading this. On their way to a threesome perhaps?

pukifloyd
Mar 12, 2010, 02:26 PM
What a swell guy he is

hehe i was thinking the same thing...pretty amazing

mkrishnan
Mar 12, 2010, 02:33 PM

It's so true... it's just insane down there. It's as if there's a whacko homing-beacon that guides them to shore in the Keys like giant sea tortoises. :o

ucfgrad93
Mar 12, 2010, 03:14 PM

Agreed, it is like being on another planet.:cool:

As for the driver, given her record she should spend 6 months in jail as she showed complete disregard for safe driving and no common sense what so ever.

Mac Kiwi
Mar 12, 2010, 06:16 PM
I wonder if boyfriend is now "ex boyfriend"

rhett7660
Mar 12, 2010, 09:55 PM
What a swell guy he is

I was thinking the same thing... Here hunny let me take the wheel while you get ready for your weekend with your new boyfriend! Yeah ok.... He should of gave her a straight razor! ha. Now that would of been good!

GSMiller
Mar 12, 2010, 10:31 PM
What a swell guy he is

That PLUS he was willing to take the fall.

Counterfit
Mar 13, 2010, 01:49 AM
As for the driver, given her record she should spend 6 months in jail as she showed complete disregard for safe driving and no common sense what so ever.

Usually, in the rest of the country, when you're sentenced to 5 years of a revoked license, plus 9 months probation and impounding your car, you don't go out and try to top off your previous stupidity the next day.

At least she didn't wreck a good car...

MacDawg
Mar 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
I've been doing some more thinking about this, and I still can't seem to wrap my brain around it

What kind of woman shaves her muff in the car?
Wouldn't it be at least a little odd even in the backseat?

And what kind of guy, nevermind an ex, aids a girl in muff shaving on her way to see another guy?
I can understand the erotic thrill in a setting of candles, bubblebath, and a glass of wine
But driving down the highway on her way to see her BF and you are the ex?

When I think of ex and razor in the same sentence, it doesn't include the words muff shaving... just sayin'

I know many women put on their makeup while driving, we have all seen it... eyeliner, lipstick, a little blush here and there

But exactly how widespread is muff shaving during the morning commute?
I wonder if there are any statistics on how many accidents have been attributed to this directly, or even indirectly from rubberneckers?

Also, was this a dry shave??
Ouch... doesn't that make those unsightly bumps the girls all worry about?
Wouldn't that have defeated the whole purpose of setting the table for her new BF?

And if it wasn't a dry shave, then WTH?
Shaving gel? Shaving cream? Whipped cream?
Wouldn't that make muff shaving while driving a little lot messy?

Or maybe it was an electric razor... guys do that on their morning commute
Not manscaping really, but you know, on their face

Ok, I guess I have been thinking about this waaaaaay too much
But still, there is an odd appeal to it

Schtumple
Mar 14, 2010, 06:30 AM
I've heard of muff divers but not muff drivers.

You are the sole reason I read threads like these. Thank you :D

rdowns
Mar 14, 2010, 06:58 AM
snip some serious issues

Someone needs a life. :D

You are the sole reason I read threads like these. Thank you :D

Thank you sir.

sushi
Mar 14, 2010, 07:00 AM
snip some serious issues
You might be on to something! :p :D

MacDawg
Mar 14, 2010, 07:02 AM

You might be on to something! :p :D

Oh, like neither one of you had these same questions rattling around inside your head with the voices

Hmmmmm

redwarrior
Mar 14, 2010, 07:03 AM
Someone needs a life lay. :D

Fixed that for you. :p

sushi
Mar 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
Oh, like neither one of you had these same questions rattling around inside your head with the voices

Hmmmmm
Well. Er. Um. Yes. :D :o

mkrishnan
Mar 14, 2010, 09:31 AM
I've been doing some more thinking about this, and I still can't seem to wrap my brain around it

You really did a deep dive into this muff mystery. :)