PDA

View Full Version : iPad and Clear WiMax antenna

grfxboy
Mar 12, 2010, 01:58 PM
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?

GeekLawyer
Mar 12, 2010, 02:14 PM
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?It won't. The only cellular data options you'd have are either a MiFi or a USB dongle + CradlePoint router. You need something that sets up a wifi network.

grfxboy
Mar 12, 2010, 02:32 PM
It won't. The only cellular data options you'd have are either a MiFi or a USB dongle + CradlePoint router. You need something that sets up a wifi network.

I suppose a better question would be will the iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB adapter) recognize other peripherals than just a camera?

GeekLawyer
Mar 12, 2010, 02:35 PM
I suppose a better question would be will the iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB adapter) recognize other peripherals than just a camera?That's a very good way to phrase that question. Since various peripherals often rely on drivers in order to work, I would guess "no" based on what we know about the iPad. But I could well be wrong.

kensteele
Mar 12, 2010, 02:49 PM
No I seriously doubt that will work. Go with the Overdrive 4G from Sprint.

xraydoc
Mar 12, 2010, 03:09 PM
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?

I'd pretty much bet money on "No."
But, as stated below, devices like the Sprint/Verizon MiFi will work (via WiFi). Though more expensive per month, you at least can use it for other devices - laptops, iPods, iPhone, etc...

DCARSON6930
Mar 30, 2010, 01:05 AM
iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME

animekub
Apr 5, 2010, 02:53 PM
iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME

To sum up, buy the "Clear Spot" device, which will turn your WiMax service into a WiFi hotspot that will connect your iPad via WiFi. The Clear Spot cost about $100 I think.