PDA

View Full Version : iBook startup help

DrRocketLauncha
Mar 12, 2010, 09:34 PM
Okay, hi, guys. I'm new here.

So I managed to pick up a G4 iBook for like $50 from a friend who's gotten a Macbook. Everything was going fine, then I decided to install Leopard so it would be simpatico with my iMac.

So it installed and everything was going fine, then after it had installed, the computer restarted and I got the Apple with the spinning pinwheel.

And that's all I ever get now, it won't start up.

Can any one help me out?

rtheb
Mar 13, 2010, 10:34 AM
Okay, hi, guys. I'm new here.

So I managed to pick up a G4 iBook for like $50 from a friend who's gotten a Macbook. Everything was going fine, then I decided to install Leopard so it would be simpatico with my iMac.

So it installed and everything was going fine, then after it had installed, the computer restarted and I got the Apple with the spinning pinwheel.

And that's all I ever get now, it won't start up.

Can any one help me out?

You need to remove any Application Enhancer before installing Leopard.

Read This: Mac OS X 10.5: "Blue screen" appears after installing Leopard and restarting (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1545)

JediMeister
Mar 13, 2010, 01:26 PM
Did you try an upgrade installation or did you Erase & Install? I recommend going with an Erase & Install, perhaps re-creating the partition via Disk Utility. Also consider whether or not your friend made any hardware modifications from the stock model, or whether you need to make some to run Leopard better. Leopard requires double the amount of memory (512 MB) that was needed for Tiger (10.4) and quadruple what was needed for Panther (10.3).