PDA

View Full Version : Wifi issues on iMac G5 20" - Airport card died?

sers
Mar 12, 2010, 10:00 PM
I've had this computer for many years and it has been trouble free. Recently, however, it's been losing the wifi signal. It'll keep it for a while, but then I'll see it fluctuate and eventually die. I can't seem to bring it back to life. I have an iPhone, apple tv and a laptop that all seem to have no trouble pickng up the wifi signal. Would this be a software or hardware issue? Could my airport card be dying? If so, is it fixable? Any help would be appreciated.

California
Mar 12, 2010, 10:14 PM
Check the module type, but I believe these are the same module airport-bluetooth on Powermac G5s, late 2005 revision only as well as the iBook G4 final revision only.

I had one unit that was dead. They are not that expensive to buy. Ebay.

sers
Mar 13, 2010, 01:26 PM
Dumb question..........how do i check the module type?:D

OrangeSVTguy
Mar 13, 2010, 02:42 PM
Check your Bluetooth to see if it works and if it's BT 2.1 + EDR then you have the combo card with Airport and Bluetooth which will be model # A1127. They are $10-$15 shipped on ebay.

I bought one from a Chinese seller and the Airport didn't work but the BT did. They sent me another one but after I had already purchased another one from a US seller and both sides worked great. Now I have an extra here I don't need since I traded my late '05 G5, let me know if you are interested.