PDA

View Full Version : Have birthday money. What should I buy?

anubis
Sep 5, 2004, 09:18 PM
I recently turned 21 (yesterday). Aside from the obvious benefits of turning 21, I've amassed a total of $910 in birthday money. I was thinking of buying some computer hardware. Here's a current list of the equipment I'm looking to upgrade/replace:

1. Dual 867mhz Powermac G4, 60gig, 1.25gig, combo, geforce4 mx 32mb

2. Samsung 17-inch flat panel LCD (vga, 1280x1024)

3. Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop 1ghz P3, 30gig, 512meg, dvd, radeon 7500 64mb, 15-inch display

I kind of want to replace my Powermac, because although it is decently fast, I recently had the pleasure of using a dual 2.0ghz powermac g5 at my university's bookstore, and it is REALLY SWEET. It feels like it's at least 5 times faster than my g4. I mainly use my g4 for internet, email, IM, maple, mathematica, matlab, light photoshop, itunes, unreal tournament, civ 3, etc. I can sell my g4 for about 1.1G on ebay and a decently upgraded g5 is $1884 with edu discount.

I really want to upgrade my Samsung 17-inch flat panel. I've been having flat-panel envy these days, as some people I work with recently purchased some beautiful 20.1" Dell Ultrasharp 2001fp's. At the bookstore, they also have on display new 20-inch and 23-inch apple cinema displays. They're both really sweet. I want to get the 20-inch apple cinema display because it looks really cool and has some nice specs. However, the dell ultrasharp has s-video, composit, dvi, and vga input and costs $400 less. It is also standard aspect, which means watching full-screen dvds and more importantly playing video games will use the whole screen. However, lots of games (like UT) can't be configured to use widescreen displays, which means I wouldn't get any more gameplay screen area on a 20-inch cinema display than i arleady get with my 17-inch (standard aspect) display. Which, if either, should I get? The cinema is $1169 with edu discount, dell ultrasharp is $750, and I could possibly sell my samsung for $250-$300.

Finally, I'd like to get a new laptop for one reason: the Inspiron 8100 I have weighs over 8 pounds and it literally hurts my neck and back to carry it in my backpack anywhere. What's the point of having a "portable" computer if it's so heavy I can't/don't feel like taking it anywhere? It i was going to sell my inspiron, I'd have to replace it with another PC laptop because, being an electrical engineering major, I HAVE to run software that's available PC-only (TopSPICE, Pspice, Ansoft Designer, Altera Quartus, Altera Max+II Baseline, MathCAD, Scientific Workplace, SPSS, SAS, etc.). The main consideration would be weight: anything over about 5 pounds would be unacceptable. 4 pounds or lighter would be ideal. I priced some Inspiron 600m and 700m laptops and a decently upgraded model (i.e. non-celeron processor and enough ram to at least boot into XP) is like $1700 - way more than I want to pay to shed a few pounds. The inspiron I have now is fast enough for everything I do. Should I sell it? What other PC manufacturers make light laptops? The powerbook is too expensive for me, and the ibook is far too slow. Suggestions? I could probably sell my inspiron for about $600.

What should I do?

ChrisFromCanada
Sep 5, 2004, 10:13 PM
What I would do:

Sell Samsung Monitor for $300

Sell P3 Laptop for $500 - $700

Total cash: $1910

Buy Dell Monitor for $750

Buy $1170 Crappy PC Laptop (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook4?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs)

iLikeMyiMac
Sep 5, 2004, 10:32 PM
$910 of beer? http://img28.exs.cx/img28/3781/beer.gif

JeffTL
Sep 6, 2004, 12:06 AM
Keep the monster PC if you need it, but get an iBook for when you don't. My G3/800 iBook isn't terribly slow so the 1 GHz and 1.2 GHz G4 iBooks should be plenty fast for most tasks.

Or if you don't want the iBook, try to scrape it together for a new Power Mac.

JFreak
Sep 6, 2004, 03:42 AM
sell everything and buy a new powermac with a new cinema display, and then if you still have money, buy a new ibook too :)

anubis
Sep 6, 2004, 03:52 AM
sell everything and buy a new powermac with a new cinema display, and then if you still have money, buy a new ibook too :)

That's what the hell I'm talkin about. I think I agree with your plan the best. Although this is what I'd like to do, I don't really have enough money to do it all. I'm thinking I may get the cinema display and wait for the next round of g5 revisions, and then get one of those. I'll have more money by then. ;)

Thanks for the input!

evilgEEk
Sep 6, 2004, 04:46 AM
Keep the monster PC if you need it, but get an iBook for when you don't. My G3/800 iBook isn't terribly slow so the 1 GHz and 1.2 GHz G4 iBooks should be plenty fast for most tasks.

Or if you don't want the iBook, try to scrape it together for a new Power Mac.
Yeah, I just bought a new 1ghz iBook and it's great. It lags a little in PS but that's because I only have 256 megs of RAM. :p

JFreak
Sep 6, 2004, 05:45 AM
That's what the hell I'm talkin about. I think I agree with your plan the best. Although this is what I'd like to do, I don't really have enough money to do it all. I'm thinking I may get the cinema display and wait for the next round of g5 revisions, and then get one of those. I'll have more money by then. ;)

Thanks for the input!

you could sell your powermac and laptop, and keep the old display, buy a new powermac now and a cinema display later. how about that? ;)

Les Kern
Sep 6, 2004, 07:59 AM
Spend 100 bucks, and bank the rest.
I don't have to remind you that there will be nothing there for you when you retire. Damn, if I could go back, I could retire right now IF I would have saved 10% of the money I've made over my life. I know my answer isn't in the spirit of the post, but it might be the most valuable! :)

robotrenegade
Sep 6, 2004, 08:07 AM
Sell all your computers stuff and get the new 20" iMac and get 2GB of ram.

Veldek
Sep 6, 2004, 08:25 AM
He clearly stated that he needs a PC so I don’t understand all who say he should only get Macs. But, by the way, SPSS is available for Macs AFAIK. And I would think SAS also, because JMP is available, too. So I second ChrisfromCanada’s view.

CmdrLaForge
Sep 6, 2004, 08:38 AM
OK, here is what I would do, sell your Samsung and Dell and then get a 15" Powerbook OR the 20" iMac. The decision here is portability vs. screen real estate.

crazzyeddie
Sep 6, 2004, 08:39 AM
Who watches full screen movies? You lose a lot of the picture when you do that...

But anyway, if you want the Dell monitor, get it. Then upgrade to a G5 and/or an iBook.

Spock
Sep 6, 2004, 09:09 AM
Who watches full screen movies? You lose a lot of the picture when you do that...

But anyway, if you want the Dell monitor, get it. Then upgrade to a G5 and/or an iBook.

You really want to hook Your Powermac G5 to a DELL?? Suck it up. Use Your 17" Samsung, sell the Laptop, buy a G5 and a new iPod.

Hoef
Sep 6, 2004, 10:10 AM
How about some Apple stock? Be ready for the Christmas run up ... Then ditch around December, should fetch some 12% at least

Mechcozmo
Sep 6, 2004, 11:30 AM
Get a $100 to $250 processor upgrade for that G4. Overclock the upgrade a tad bit. (Get a 1.33Ghz and you an go to 1.4, 1.5 ish) But I would read up on how to do that first...check out the fujitsu laptops, they are really light and a few have a small screen, but they are touch screens (NOT TABLETS!!!) so you can tap around on the screen. Sell that paperweight...I mean, current PC laptop to get the Fujitsu. And suck it up, save the rest. The monitor still works fine, right? Thought so.

wPod
Sep 6, 2004, 01:03 PM
sell it all. . . get an iBook or PB and a cheap $500 dell desktop if you really need a windows machine.

Jimong5
Sep 6, 2004, 01:44 PM
I recently turned 21 (yesterday). Aside from the obvious benefits of turning 21, I've amassed a total of $910 in birthday money. I was thinking of buying some computer hardware. Here's a current list of the equipment I'm looking to upgrade/replace:

3. Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop 1ghz P3, 30gig, 512meg, dvd, radeon 7500 64mb, 15-inch display
What should I do?

I myself have a dual 867, and with my graduation money upgraded the snot out of it. Im at 1 GB ram, 320 GB of HD, a superdrive, and a radeon 9700. The 9700 makes every game playable at max settings. true, its no dual 2 GHz G5, but its still a very capable mac that will last me for at least 4 more years (i hope) if it was my choice, I may buy a GFx upgrade (depends on if you want to play games or not) or just bank the money until I had enough to buy a G5 then. a dual G4 will last you at least one more year, and by that time dual core G5's may be out, or a G5 Powerbook.

bryantm3
Sep 6, 2004, 02:00 PM
ok, sell all of the above like this:
-g4 for about 700-800 dollars
-lcd for around 200 dollars
-laptop for around 600 dollars
subtotal earned: 1600 dollars
total earned: 2700 dollars
put it in a savings account and keep adding over the years, cos right now:

• Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5
• 1GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x512
• 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL*
• Apple Cinema Display (20" flat panel)
• 56k V.92 internal modem
• 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English
• APP for Power Mac (w/ or w/o display) - Enrollment Kit

Subtotal $4,372.00

*not necessary, but nice. you can go with an ATI Radeon 9800 xt for 150 less, 9600 xt for 450 less, and a nvidia geforce 5200 (sucks ass) for 500 less.

vraxtus
Sep 6, 2004, 03:10 PM
How about some Apple stock? Be ready for the Christmas run up ... Then ditch around December, should fetch some 12% at least

This is actually a very smart idea... for the patient however. :D

To the original poster, I'm your age, and like you I tend to be on the greedy side when it comes to my purchases... once you get money spend it right away, yes?

I had actually contemplated the above idea more heavily than buying... but I was too lazy to actually go through the process of purchasing stock. However this is not a bad idea at all, if you have the patience for it. You could put your money into the stock now, wait til newer hardware revisions, and *knowing* that the stock will do well, pull out at the right time, net a few hundred, and put it into a much better setup.

Daveman Deluxe
Sep 6, 2004, 03:14 PM
I second the $910 of beer. That or $910 of ice cream.

anubis
Sep 6, 2004, 03:29 PM
Thank you all so much for all of the replies? Each of you bring up some excellent points.

bryantm3: I agree. The Powermac G5 i'm looking at right now has the following specs (i think):

Dual 1.8ghz
512mb ram (i'll upgrade that myself. apple store ram prices are a ripoff)
80 gig HD
radeon 9600 xt (agreed: the nvidia 6800 would be nice, and the 5200 sucks balls)
no modem
combo drive (wanting to buy a pioneer 108 dual layer dvd burner)
bluetooth keyboard/mouse kit.

That comes to $1884.

Jimong5: agreed. I think I'm going to at least wait for the next revision of the Powermac. If macrumors indicates that dual core g5 (or g6?) will be available in the following around of updates, I may hold off for 2 revisions.

Mechcozmo: Thanks for the tip on the fujitsu laptop. Regarding your comment on the screen: yes, the flat panel I have right now does work. However, why does ANYONE on this planet buy a flat panel monitor? 19-inch CRTs are like $150 and 19-inch flat Panels are like $500. Why are people willing to spend that much extra for the same amount of screen real estate? Because they want to save energy costs? Please. If you're spending $500 on a monitor, you're not worried about energy costs. Because flat panels are easier on the eyes? You can get flat-screen CRTs that are as easy on the eyes. Because you need more desk space? I guess. The way I figure it, the main reason why people buy flat panel monitors is because they're cool. They're fun to show off. I mean, let's face it: All success is driven by the need to make others feel bad about themselves. If I can trade my 17-inch flat panel for a 20.1-inch flat panel, i'm there. ;)z

Spock: same comment as mechcozmo. Unfortunately, I've calculated this out: I have already been offered $300 for my 17" panel. Dell Ultrasharp 20.1" costs $750, Cinema 20" costs $1169. After figuring in the money from the sale of the 17", the out-of-pocket cost for the dell is $450; out-of-pocket cost of the Cinema is $769, a bit under twice as much. And with the Dell i get 156,000 more pixles. I guess what I'm saying is, to me, the extra $319 isn't worth it to get the "prettier" monitor. And anyway, I've seen the Dell 2001fp in person, and it is a really nice display. I'd be proud of it. Read the comment I made earlier about waiting for the next G5 revision. And I already have an iPod mini. ;)

crazzyeddie: Yes, I think I will be going for the dell monitor. And the reason why full-screen matters to me DVD-wise is that most of the DVD-watch I do is TV episodes, e.g. The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Star Trek DS9/Voyager, MASH, and so on. Otherwise I agree that for movies, wide-screen is the way to go.

CmdrLaForge: I need a PC.

Robotrenegade: The iMac scares me for several reasons: ****ty graphics card that i can't (easily) upgrade, single processor, limited expansion options, 2gb ram limit, would need to wait for a hack to run dual monitor, which is pretty much a requirement of mine.

Les Kern: The time will come to start saving for retirement. Right now i'm a poor college student, so saving money isn't very practical to me at the moment. In a couple of years I'll have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and then I'll be rolling in cash, and then it will be time to save for retirement.

Hoef: Easier said than done. I've have to open an account with an online broker, there's all kinds of startup fees, blah blah blah. See comment above; when I have major cash to throw around, then I'll start trading stocks.

iLikemyImac: now that's the best idea I've heard all week.

I think what I've decided to do is this: Keep my inspiron. It'll keep breaking my back, but maybe i'll finally build up some decent shoulders with that ;). Going to go for the Dell Ultrasharp 2001fp for the reasons listed above: it's less expensive and still has fairly good lucks and good specs. I have already sold my 17" panel for $300. I'm going to keep my G4 Powermac around at least until the next Powermac G5 update/price drop. Then I'll sell the G4 and buy a G5. Perhaps at some future date, after I've banked a good wad of cash, I'll sell the dell ultrasharp and go for the cinema display. Perhaps the cinema display will be cheaper by then as well. Implimenting this plan will leave me with about $450 of beer money.

Unless someone can give me a very compelling argument otherwise, this will be my plan. Thank you all very much for all of the feedback. Time to get drunk now at 2:30 in the PM. :D

bryantm3
Sep 6, 2004, 04:06 PM
if you're able to get 2700$ out of this, and the price of your ideal computer only comes up to 1884, you still have about 900$ to spend on a display.
the display that you want, the 20", costs 1299$, 400$ above what you have.

what i would do, is sell all of the above, put the money in a savings account, gain interest, and use your next month's salary to compensate for the rest.
then buy the powermac and the display, and you'll be set up.
sounds a lot better than a G4 and a dell to me, what do you think?

bryantm3
Sep 6, 2004, 04:10 PM
also, if you want to, you can get a 20" display (the older g4 style ones) for 1100$ new or 900$ used from amazon.

bryantm3
Sep 7, 2004, 07:48 PM
bump

iloveapple
Sep 7, 2004, 08:06 PM
unless there is other circumstances, go for powermac, i love mine more than my BMW, and that is saying something

jazzmfk
Sep 7, 2004, 09:09 PM
Hey! Hope it's not too late....

small dog has the 20" cinema display for $999. Try this:

www.smalldog.com/specials/1265163

I, too, hate to see Dell monitors (Dell anything, truth be told....) used with Apple equipment - especially because most people will just look at the monitor and think you're on the dark side.....

Good luck.
MFK

kilpajr
Sep 8, 2004, 12:05 AM

I kind of want to replace my Powermac, because although it is decently fast, I recently had the pleasure of using a dual 2.0ghz powermac g5 at my university's bookstore, and it is REALLY SWEET. It feels like it's at least 5 times faster than my g4. I mainly use my g4 for internet, email, IM, maple, mathematica, matlab, light photoshop, itunes, unreal tournament, civ 3, etc. I can sell my g4 for about 1.1G on ebay and a decently upgraded g5 is $1884 with edu discount.

I really want to upgrade my Samsung 17-inch flat panel. I've been having flat-panel envy these days, as some people I work with recently purchased some beautiful 20.1" Dell Ultrasharp 2001fp's. At the bookstore, they also have on display new 20-inch and 23-inch apple cinema displays. They're both really sweet. I want to get the 20-inch apple cinema display because it looks really cool and has some nice specs. However, the dell ultrasharp has s-video, composit, dvi, and vga input and costs $400 less. It is also standard aspect, which means watching full-screen dvds and more importantly playing video games will use the whole screen. However, lots of games (like UT) can't be configured to use widescreen displays, which means I wouldn't get any more gameplay screen area on a 20-inch cinema display than i arleady get with my 17-inch (standard aspect) display. Which, if either, should I get? The cinema is $1169 with edu discount, dell ultrasharp is $750, and I could possibly sell my samsung for $250-$300.

Finally, I'd like to get a new laptop for one reason: the Inspiron 8100 I have weighs over 8 pounds and it literally hurts my neck and back to carry it in my backpack anywhere. What's the point of having a "portable" computer if it's so heavy I can't/don't feel like taking it anywhere? It i was going to sell my inspiron, I'd have to replace it with another PC laptop because, being an electrical engineering major, I HAVE to run software that's available PC-only (TopSPICE, Pspice, Ansoft Designer, Altera Quartus, Altera Max+II Baseline, MathCAD, Scientific Workplace, SPSS, SAS, etc.). The main consideration would be weight: anything over about 5 pounds would be unacceptable. 4 pounds or lighter would be ideal. I priced some Inspiron 600m and 700m laptops and a decently upgraded model (i.e. non-celeron processor and enough ram to at least boot into XP) is like $1700 - way more than I want to pay to shed a few pounds. The inspiron I have now is fast enough for everything I do. Should I sell it? What other PC manufacturers make light laptops? The powerbook is too expensive for me, and the ibook is far too slow. Suggestions? I could probably sell my inspiron for about $600.

What should I do?

What I would do, being a Computer Engineering student, would be to sell the Powermac and the Inspiron (which I think you might be able to get a little more than $600 for). That would leave you with 2600 (not counting the 300 you got for the display). Get a 15" PB fully loaded for 2500 (that's what mine was, 200 less if you don't need the SD) and the iPod with cram and jam so you will get another $200 rebate. Sell the iPod. Now you're left with a great machine to both carry around to do school work (5.7 lbs, I carry mine with me every day, not something I did with my dell) as well as game (I have seen benchmarks that show the mobility 9700 performs just under the 9600xt desktop chip). You will still have 300 + 200 - 69 = 431 left for software/display or whatever.

However, if you don't need the laptop, the dual 1.8 with a new CRT might leave you with enough money that you could hang on to the laptop for Windows only programs, namely PSpice so you can get the extra muscle you're hoping for. :) Logically, I can't see spending the money for either the dell or Apple display. That is just too much money.

EDIT: I didn't see the $100 difference earlier so in the first calculation you would actually have 531. But, you do have to subtract the money you spent on getting drunk the other afternoon. :D

hanq
Sep 8, 2004, 11:04 AM
One thing i want to say is DON'T GET ANYTHIN DELL. WHY? i don't know. i just hate dell.
And another, a suggestion for a peesee laptop. fujitsus are nice, they're light and they're not dell. my uncle just got a 14" and its just under 4 lb.
For the display i say you should go for anything else but a dell. i would keep the samsung or get a nice crt. not a 19" though. i forgot why but just don't get it. go 20" or bigger if your gonna go bigger than 17".
(about the hating dell thing. they just make me mad.)

CubaTBird
Sep 8, 2004, 11:08 AM
yeah don't get dell guys cuz u know u will be followin the crowd and gotta keep it real and rebel against the norm.. thats what us apple users do best :rolleyes: :p

jeremy.king
Sep 8, 2004, 12:39 PM
Sounds like you still have usable hardware, so heres what I would do.

Open a Roth IRA account with $910, contribute $1000 annually and watch it grow to more than $410,000 (assuming returns of 8%) when you are 65.

Think long term...

vouder17
Sep 8, 2004, 12:40 PM
bump

Are you trying too get to regular status, clever, amybe i should do the same......

sinisterdesign
Sep 8, 2004, 12:40 PM
$910? one word: hooker.

ok, maybe not. my best advice would be to turn 21 a couple more times. damn. i think i got maybe $50 and a few rounds of drinks for my 21st...

anyhow, it sounds like you've got that G4 fairly tricked out, a decent but not great monitor and a cinder block of a laptop.

that's a tough call. i have a dual 1.25GHz G4 at home right now and would LOVE to have a G5, but alas i just bought a loft, so all $$ is flowing into that. i think that CPU should last you a little while longer, right? maybe??

the monitor could use some upgrading. i have an old 22" Cinema and i guard it w/ my life (b/c i can't do w/o it and i can't afford to replace it!) i know CRTs are MUCH cheaper for the amount of pixels, but 4:3 is SOOooo last century. you said you watch stuff full screen, but it seems like most DVDs, even TV shows are widescreen thesedays. i know i just watched the Futurama vol4 on my widescreen Sony VVega last week, looks great.

also, you may have more pixels on your screen, but it's more about screen real estate. you said you do light photoshop work, but how many of those math programs have tons of toolbars? (seriously, i don't know, i hate math). the 16:9 flatscreens give you more space to throw all those toolbars & palletes so you have the middle of your screen for work. this is a HUGE factor for me (graphic design), but may not be as big of an issue for you. i HATE this crappy 19" CRT that i'm using right now b/c my toolbars are always in my way.

the laptop? PC laptops are so cheap right now. if you REALLY need one, go for it, but i would consider a really trick Powerbook running Virtual PC to replace both your PC laptop AND your G4. hell, get the little bitty powerbook and a big CRT to hook it up to at home. THAT'S my advice...

jhu
Sep 8, 2004, 05:16 PM
geez! where the hell do you people get this much money? personlly, i'd sell everything, get a cheap computer for $200-$400, and put the rest in a dividend paying stock.

anubis
Sep 8, 2004, 10:01 PM
I decided to make a trip to best buy because they have lots of flat panel monitors on display in the store. So i parked myself in front of one of the demo 20.1" monitors and stared at it for a looooooong time, and then finally decided that an extra 3 inches of screen space isn't worth the money it costs. So i'm keeping the 17" display i currently have.

Also, I've decided to stick with the Dell laptop I currently have. It weighs a ton, but I can continue to live with that. It's a good computer.

So, I decided to sell my Powermac G4 to buy a Powermac G5. I went to my university's bookstore and ordered it this afternoon. Buying it through my bookstore I don't have to pay shipping or tax. The bookstore Mac guy and I both agree: Powermac updates are still a ways down the road, since Apple can barely ship the 2.5ghz. Here are the specs:

Dual 1.8GHZ G5
512MB RAM (will upgrade this soon - apple store's ram prices are ridiculous)
80Gig HD
No Modem
Combo Drive (am waiting for dual-layer superdrive support)
Bluetooth plus wireless keyboard and mouse
Radeon 9600XT 64MB

Total: $1884.

Figure I can unload my G4 for about $1100. It's nicely upgraded and has lots of software on it. In fact, I think I shall list it here on the forum before I list it on ebay to see if I can get what i want for it.

Thanks everyone for your input. Look for the listing for my G4 soon if you're interested.

kilpajr
Sep 8, 2004, 10:13 PM
no tax? :eek: I wish I had known that. I ordered through the apple store using my edu discount so I wouldn't have to deal with going to the bookstore and everything. I didn't know you didn't have to pay taxes by going through the bookstore. I wish I could have saved that $200+. Did anyone else not know about this?

anubis
Sep 8, 2004, 11:00 PM
The guy who runs the computer area of my university's bookstore is cool, it's uber-obsessed with macs. He has some kind of deal set up with the university so that students don't have to pay sales tax on any CPUs. He figured out some kind of fancy, loop-hole-filled paperwork to avoid the sales tax. It has something to do with the fact that when you go to pick up and pay for your CPU, you have to go to this dark warehouse out in the boonies of campus to get it, you can't actually pick up the CPU from the bookstore itself.

I have no idea what this guy actually does. I think otherwise you'd have to pay sales tax though.

bryantm3
Sep 11, 2004, 12:35 PM
The guy who runs the computer area of my university's bookstore is cool, it's uber-obsessed with macs. He has some kind of deal set up with the university so that students don't have to pay sales tax on any CPUs. He figured out some kind of fancy, loop-hole-filled paperwork to avoid the sales tax. It has something to do with the fact that when you go to pick up and pay for your CPU, you have to go to this dark warehouse out in the boonies of campus to get it, you can't actually pick up the CPU from the bookstore itself.

I have no idea what this guy actually does. I think otherwise you'd have to pay sales tax though.
bahahaha
does he offer heroin with no sales tax?

actually, here in ga, we have a tax-free holiday before school starts so poor students can get a good deal on stuff.
my mom took me out for like 6 hours to buy clothes
we only saved like 40$ in that push+shove, not worth it.
computer=worth it.

Mord
Sep 19, 2004, 10:05 AM
I second the $910 of beer. That or $910 of ice cream.

or $910 of tacos.

i'd save it, your well enough equipped for now, if anything sell you pc laptop and get a pentium m thin and light thing run linux and wine on it