Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unklebilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Will this card work in my late 2003 dual 2.0 g5. the pins that are there match but my current card has a set of pins this one doesn't.

more specifically this card came out of a pc. I see there are drivers for both pc and mac online but was a different card made for mac than pc or was one card released with the option of two different drivers?

Attachments

• Full Card-front.jpg
    Full Card-front.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 56

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
As far as I understand it, you need to flash the ROM on the card if it is even possible.

Also consider changing your thread title to something more descriptive to get the proper audience.

Example: Can I use the ATI 9600XT from a PC in my Power Mac G5 (2003)?

To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

You can edit your posts via the
edit.gif
button, as there is no need to make consecutive posts.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

PS: There is also no need to make more than one thread about the same issue in less than half an hour, or a day or a week.
The Mac Pro, Power Mac sub-forum is the right place for your issue, the Digital Video sub-forum is for pros and amateur movie makers as can be seen from the forum description found here.

Many users use the Forum Spy, so they can see what kind of threads are posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.