Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattray114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Hi,
I am fairly new to everything Mac... i have a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter which is linked to my TV. I am able to either mirror my laptop to the TV or Arrange the screens so i have two different screens.

My question is, is it possible to have an application on full screen (for example VLC or an internet video... in my case BBC Iplayer on the tv) AND use the otherscreen (my macbook) for other stuff like word processing ect... im assuming there is a really easy answer to this but I have looked and tried and no matter what i do, as soon as i click something on my mac, the full screen closes.

Many thanks

Matthew

Denarius

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Gironde, France
Hi,
I am fairly new to everything Mac... i have a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter which is linked to my TV. I am able to either mirror my laptop to the TV or Arrange the screens so i have two different screens.

My question is, is it possible to have an application on full screen (for example VLC or an internet video... in my case BBC Iplayer on the tv) AND use the otherscreen (my macbook) for other stuff like word processing ect... im assuming there is a really easy answer to this but I have looked and tried and no matter what i do, as soon as i click something on my mac, the full screen closes.

Many thanks

Matthew

If the application supports full screen then drag the window to the other screen and then turn on full screen. I do this often with flash movies on YouTube and iPlayer.

mattray114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
If the application supports full screen then drag the window to the other screen and then turn on full screen. I do this often with flash movies on YouTube and iPlayer.

Thanks... this works fine... but what about if i want to do something else on my mac screen whilst the other sreen remains full screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.