Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeHinojosa55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
It will run "fine" under BootCamp, not well at all under VMWare or Parallels, but even on Windows its performance depends entirely on the GPU you're using.

Ok Ive done bootcamp once on my macbook and i couldnt get sound set up on it and there was 2 incches of black on the left and right side of the screen. And it also does that when im on mac and im playing games. Do you by any chance know how to fix that?

dafootballer

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Actually there is ways to play it on your mac using Crossover or crossover wrappers made by the porting team

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Ok Ive done bootcamp once on my macbook and i couldnt get sound set up on it and there was 2 incches of black on the left and right side of the screen. And it also does that when im on mac and im playing games. Do you by any chance know how to fix that?

Have you followed any of the many guides available on the world wild wet that offer precise and detailed information on how to properly set up Windows using Boot Camp?

And without knowing what Mac and Windows version and Mac OS X you have we can't really be of help with your un-specific problem.

JakeHinojosa55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Have you followed any of the many guides available on the world wild wet that offer precise and detailed information on how to properly set up Windows using Boot Camp?

And without knowing what Mac and Windows version and Mac OS X you have we can't really be of help with your un-specific problem.

Well its not only a problem with boot camp (the partial black screen thing) its when im gaming or watching stuff in fulscreen on my macbook. I havent found anything on google. So saying i have osx 10.5 would help?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Well its not only a problem with boot camp (the partial black screen thing) its when im gaming or watching stuff in fulscreen on my macbook. I havent found anything on google. So saying i have osx 10.5 would help?

You should better make another thread about this issue.

The following is taken from the thread titled "Howto maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006. It contains more elaborate information on the short extracts I took from it and should help you in finding appropriate help. I also made some additions after finding that thread.

1. Search for threads or guides containing similar problems.
    MRoogleis quite a good tool to search these forums.
  2. Start your thread in the appropriate forum or sub-forum.
    Hereis the forum's main page with the list of all the sub-fora found here.
  3. Use a specific thread title.
    "Need help!!!!???? ASAP!!!" and its variants are not specific.
  4. Find and post machine hardware and software configurations.
    You can find out more about your Mac by going to the Menu Bar > :apple: > About This Mac > More Info ... (this button opens Applications / Utilities / System Profiler) > Hardware Overview.
  5. Tell us your problem, and be specific. What is happening to your machine?
    What Mac OS X version and what Mac do you use, what software is involved, ... .
  6. How long has this been happening? What changes were made just before this started?
  7. What have you already tried?
  8. Respond to all posted advice with details of what happened.
  9. Be wary of the (very) occasional bad advice.
  10. Be patient.
  11. Be courteous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.