PDA

View Full Version : No headphone included?

sajjadbuet
Mar 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Is there any headphone included like the iPhone?

sparkstsa
Mar 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
No headphones.

Per Apple.com:

In the box

iPad
Dock Connector to USB Cable
10W USB Power Adapter
Documentation

Chris Rogers
Mar 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
No (http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/)

goobot
Mar 14, 2010, 03:09 PM
there is a jack if you have one already

flyguy206
Mar 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
Nope i wonder why apple earphones suck to me.

4DThinker
Mar 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
What’s included.
In the box:

iPad
Dock Connector to USB Cable
10W USB Power Adapter
SIM eject tool
(Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
Documentation

Doesn't look like it. One more way to keep that price under $500. ;)

vicky123
Mar 14, 2010, 03:49 PM
No, and that's just as well. I would rather not pay for something to be included that is going to be tossed in the garbage anyway. iPod earbuds are the most uncomfortable things ever made.

DotCom2
Mar 14, 2010, 03:52 PM
No, and that's just as well. I would rather not pay for something to be included that is going to be tossed in the garbage anyway. iPod earbuds are the most uncomfortable things ever made.

I agree!
They are very uncomfortable and I would just prefer to get my own.
I have all kinds of the Apple supplied ones tossed in a box.

melman101
Mar 14, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thank God I bought those Motorola S9-HD's recently :-). I'll be using that will my iPad :-).

CrAkD
Mar 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
I like the apple headphones :p

sparkstsa
Mar 14, 2010, 04:03 PM
I probably wont use headphones much anyways. I heard the speaker is plenty loud enough and it has a mic built-in. Its gotta be better than my ipod touch speaker.

Spudracer
Mar 14, 2010, 04:07 PM
Good move by Apple. I have a drawer full of Apple earbuds. I never use em as the sound quality is not that great. I use Sony's for running with iPhone / iPod and Shure E4C's on planes n trains.

thejakill
Mar 14, 2010, 07:39 PM
Although I don't mind the apple headphones, I don't need them for the ipad.

I'll be using my Bose quietcomfort 15s.

PsyD4Me
Mar 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
they're ok, i like them for the speakerphone feature...

NeuralControl
Mar 14, 2010, 07:56 PM
Regardless of the quality of the headphones, it should be included. Apple is positioning the device as a media consumption product. Headphones are included with all iPods and iPhones. They could easily toss in a pair of headphones. I am really surprised they opted not to.

GadgetX
Mar 14, 2010, 08:54 PM
Regardless of the quality of the headphones, it should be included. Apple is positioning the device as a media consumption product. Headphones are included with all iPods and iPhones. They could easily toss in a pair of headphones. I am really surprised they opted not to.

Completely agree, any portable media device should include earphones. My old iphone pair are on their last leg and could really have used a replacement. I really don't mind the stock earphones but I guess now is the time to upgrade..

Gav2k
Mar 14, 2010, 08:56 PM
The headphone jack does work the same as the iPhones though with output and input which solves alot of things for people.

Matthew9559
Mar 14, 2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, it's annoying they are not included. It is a media device. Grrr!!

aaquib
Mar 14, 2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it's annoying they are not included. It is a media device. Grrr!!

I don't think you want the audio from your media media to be downgraded using the Apple headphones :p

GoCubsGo
Mar 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
I kind of find as though it is stupid that they don't include headphones, even ****** ones such as the standard supplied ones. Considering it is a mobile device ... it just seems stupid. But that is Apple. Once you used to get docks with iPods, now you barely get an iPod! Save money, save money, save money!

SteveSparks
Mar 14, 2010, 09:27 PM
Is there any headphone included like the iPhone?

Nope, maybe they will include headphones for everyone in line?

dagomike
Mar 14, 2010, 09:34 PM
That seems strange, but like mentioned it's probably cost savings. All my Apple headphones end up in a drawer anyway.

sajjadbuet
Mar 14, 2010, 09:36 PM
For me, the default headphones of iPhone are ok. Apple should have included them. I don't see a justification for removing them just because they are bad. May be they could upgrade them. Instead, they removed it :(

thejakill
Mar 15, 2010, 01:24 AM
Apple can't win on this issue. They don't include headphones and everyone complains. If they DID include them, everyone would complain about how crappy they are.

Alvi
Mar 15, 2010, 01:28 AM
You can't fit your iPad in your pocket anyways, earbuds are made for stuff you can fit in your pocket, once you have an iPad you can use your Bose /Senheiser or whatever super high quality you want, since you still need some sort of backpack/purse/suitcase to carry it

SchneiderMan
Mar 15, 2010, 03:11 AM
I would like a thin black carry case included instead.. Just like the one by waterfield designs..
Or the one that was included with the black/white plastic iPod videos..

nomad01
Mar 15, 2010, 03:28 AM
I kind of find as though it is stupid that they don't include headphones,

I'm amazed that anyone expected headphones to be included. Honestly never thought it would come with them. <shrugs>

My Macbook is a mobile computer too and that didn't come with headphones either.

Abyssgh0st
Mar 15, 2010, 04:12 AM
I wouldn't want another set of Apple's headphones.

DoFoT9
Mar 15, 2010, 04:57 AM
speaking of which, i hope the sound quality of the thing is alright. ipods are a bit BLEH at the moment.

drummerlondonw3
Mar 15, 2010, 05:04 AM
I kind of find as though it is stupid that they don't include headphones, even ****** ones such as the standard supplied ones. Considering it is a mobile device ... it just seems stupid. But that is Apple. Once you used to get docks with iPods, now you barely get an iPod! Save money, save money, save money!

So true, I remember when I got my 2nd gen ipod, full of extras! especially the dock, which I still have actually.

Now I just expect it, however I will not be losing any sleep over another pair of the worst noise leaking, uncomfortable headphones.

samcraig
Mar 15, 2010, 07:22 AM
Well since people insist the iPad isn't a large iPod - and it isn't an iPhone - there's no need to put earphones in with the package right? ;)

DaBrain
Mar 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
I like the apple headphones :p

Wanna buy mine? ;):D

4DThinker
Mar 15, 2010, 08:56 AM
Those wishing the ipad came with earbuds: It does. That model is $528. You have to special order it by selecting both the $499 ipad and the $29 earbuds. ;) There are other models too. Simple select your preferred iPad, then select your preferred earbuds (http://store.apple.com/us/search?find=earphones&mco=MTA4NTA5NjI).

Problem solved. :D

yankintx
Mar 15, 2010, 01:13 PM

You ain't kidding about that. :eek:

sajjadbuet
Mar 15, 2010, 01:16 PM
Seems line iPod headphones are really unpopular. Can anybody suggest a good option that is not too costly?

DoFoT9
Mar 15, 2010, 02:08 PM
Seems line iPod headphones are really unpopular. Can anybody suggest a good option that is not too costly?

sennheiser cx-300s!

vicky123
Mar 15, 2010, 09:39 PM

I have a set of Sony in ear headphones that only cost me $50 and have decent sound. I don't use them very often because I generally use my iPod in my car or at work on a dock. I don't like using headphones at work because I can't hear what's going on around me with them in.

JS82189
Mar 15, 2010, 09:47 PM
If ur going to buy an apple product, u should get a nice pair of headphones.. now I know that iPods are selling for $100 or maybe even less nowadays.. but they are just not that good

capitanbuzo
Mar 15, 2010, 09:49 PM
I bought a pair of Scosche IDR650M that was only $44 so it wasn't too bad considering Apple sells the lower model for $40 (maybe higher) as does Amazon.

Hammie
Mar 15, 2010, 10:47 PM
It's laughable that people are complaining about the lack of headphones. I have four iPods and two iPhones. My kids have DSi's with accessory kits that had earphones. I have plenty of headphone options. I also have my Denon headphones or my Nike/Philips ear hook earphones.

It's like this is your first iPod/MP3 player or first device where headphones may be needed.

Why would you think a device where MUSIC is not the primary selling point include them? As someone else said, their MacBook did not come with earphones. :confused: