Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Hello everybody.

I'm already developing apps for the iPhone, but since I'm only 15, my apple developer account is registered with my dad's name, age..... It has been almost a whole year since i enrolled so i soon have to pay the annual $99. I still haven't distributed any applications. So i thought, why not cancel the subscription made with my dad's name, age..... And instead make a new Apple ID with my name, age..... And then enroll with that Apple ID.
My questions are:
1. Is there an age limit? And if yes then what?
2. Will the old enrollment automatically stop if i don't pay, or do i have to cancel it myself?
3. If it is possible, and i do it. Will it mess up anything, like certificates and stuff like that?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
1. Is there an age limit? And if yes then what?

You have to be legally able to sign contracts, which means 18 in the US.

2. Will the old enrollment automatically stop if i don't pay, or do i have to cancel it myself?

When my subscription was up for renewal they sent me some emails and I think also phoned me. So you (or your dad) will hear from them. I'm pretty sure that they cancel your ability to log on to some areas if you don't pay and any contracts you have with them may also expire.

3. If it is possible, and i do it. Will it mess up anything, like certificates and stuff like that?

The certificates all have an expiration date, which is no more than one year from issue. So they will expire. If you were to get another account you'd be able to issue new certificates though.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
You have to be legally able to sign contracts, which means 18 in the US.

When my subscription was up for renewal they sent me some emails and I think also phoned me. So you (or your dad) will hear from them. I'm pretty sure that they cancel your ability to log on to some areas if you don't pay and any contracts you have with them may also expire.

The certificates all have an expiration date, which is no more than one year from issue. So they will expire. If you were to get another account you'd be able to issue new certificates though.

Thank you so much for the fast answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.