PDA

View Full Version : Front Not Organizing Itself

mynewromantica
Mar 14, 2010, 06:40 PM
I use Front Row more than probably any other program on my computer except Safari. But lately it has not been putting movie files into the correct spot after I change their Media Type in iTunes. For example: I imported It's Alway Sunny in Philadelphia. By default it goes into the Moies area of iTunes. I change the Media type to TV Show and it moves it to the correct spot in iTUnes. But when I open Front Row it is still showing in Movies.

Is there a .plist or something that I should change to take care of that?

tommylotto
Mar 15, 2010, 06:30 AM
I recently had this exact same problem. I solved it, but it was a PITA. Apparently, iTunes does not really change the meta data for the file when you change the media type in iTunes. If you delete from the library a file that you changed its designated in iTunes from a Movie to a TV Show, upon reimporting it, it will show up as a Movie again. I think changes in media type are only stored in the iTunes library, and something has caused our Front Row application to stop looking at the media type stored in the iTunes library but looking at the meta data of the file instead. Interestingly, I have AppleTV too, and it still sees the media type assigned in iTunes.

The solution that I found was to change the meta data for the file with a program like MetaX. You do not need to re-encode the file, but it does need to rewrite it. If you have a bunch of series it can be a PITA.