Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjyboul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Hello, is there a way to control Apple TV from iTunes to play audio and video?

I have my Apple TV connected to my television in the living room. I would like to be able to select music video play list from iTunes via my computer for a party.

I can get the sound to come through the television, but I cannot get the music videos to play... i.e. the music is playing, but the videos do not appear on the screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

hsia12210

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Hello, is there a way to control Apple TV from iTunes to play audio and video?

I have my Apple TV connected to my television in the living room. I would like to be able to select music video play list from iTunes via my computer for a party.

I can get the sound to come through the television, but I cannot get the music videos to play... i.e. the music is playing, but the videos do not appear on the screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

What kind of music video format?
can you tell me the video codec and audio codec?
Apple TV supports many video formats, including MPEG-4, H.264, and H.264 video content protected, there is no doubt, the easiest to play the content through iTuness downloaded content. To support the same number of sound formats, including 16 ~ 320Kbps of AAC files and MP3 files.:)

Regards
Hsia Wendy

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
OP, what you're talking about is using your AppleTV as remote speakers for your computer, and that doesn't work with video.

Make your video playlist, sync it to the AppleTV, and start it with the remote from the AppleTV's UI. Leave the computer out of the equation. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch the remote app is good for this as well.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
ATV only works as remote speakers for music not video in any form.

Best to use the ipod touch or iphone if you have one as a remote. You can access your content on the ATV via it and get it to play- audio, video and podcasts.

That's probably your best alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.