Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluefiberoptics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
I've been a happy iPod Touch 1st gen user since it was launched. Now I'm thinking about buying a refurbished iPod Touch 8G (Second Generation) because of the speakers and slightly faster processor. (It's not as underclocked as the 1st gen)

I'm planning to sell my first generation iPod Touch online. Anyone have experience with selling their iPod Touch units on eBay?

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
you're probably not going to get much for your first generation touch. i sold my first gen the summer before the third gen touch came out and i only got 150 bucks for it. dont get a second gen, go for a third gen. its faster and the speaker is louder and clearer, well thats what i hear

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I was only able to get 250 for my 2nd Gen 32GB about 3 months before the 3rd Gen came out. It was in perfect condition.

I was able to get 175 for my perfect condition 16GB 1st Gen the day the 2nd Gen came out.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
you're probably not going to get much for your first generation touch. i sold my first gen the summer before the third gen touch came out and i only got 150 bucks for it. dont get a second gen, go for a third gen. its faster and the speaker is louder and clearer, well thats what i hear

From what I understand, the speaker hasn't been changed. But if you search for threads from after the new touch began shipping, there were reports of diminished speaker quality.

At the OP: a 1G touch probably won't sell for much now, although you could probably catch an unsuspecting customer offguard. I won't encourage that, however.

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California

The speaker is horrible on my 64GB iPod Touch 3g. Too quiet and I wish it would be louder. Maybe it's an EQ setting for the whole device. I would keep the 8GB iPod Touch 1g for jailbreaking, but that's just me. :D :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.