Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

164229-aperture_3.jpg
Apple today released Aperture SlideShow Support Update 1.1, addressing an issue with HD video playback in slideshows.This update addresses an issue affecting the playback of HD video clips used in Aperture 3 slideshows on Snow Leopard.

Audio and video tracks now remain properly synced in video clips that have been trimmed.The update weighs in at 3.29 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.2.

An earlier slideshow support update was released alongside Aperture 3 last month.

Article Link: Apple Releases Aperture SlideShow Support Update 1.1

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
the more the better!

eagerly awaiting Aperture 3.1 to speed a few things up and please add pinch zoom for the MBP users, even Lightroom has pinch zoom.

I'm happy with the new Aperture but these tiny little things can be improved.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I have an issue where imported video will not have a poster-frame, but instead multi-color vertical lines. It wouldn't be till I explicitly set the poster-frame that it would show. Maybe or maybe not this is addressed in the update.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
the more the better!

eagerly awaiting Aperture 3.1 to speed a few things up and please add pinch zoom for the MBP users, even Lightroom has pinch zoom.

I'm happy with the new Aperture but these tiny little things can be improved.

There is pinch zoom in the browser view and while working with Faces, just not while editing a picture.

IMHO, pinch zoom gets in my way more often than not. I find myself accidentally triggering it while dragging a selection in Faces or the browser. I strongly prefer more intentional control over something like that in a pro photo package ...

That having been said, it would be nice to be an option.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Thank you Apple for fixing your full price beta software.

I've been using Aperture 3.0 since 3.0.1 came out. This is FAR from "beta" quality software. It's rock solid on my 250GB+ Aperture library.

Yes, some folks have had problems, but that's to be expected; this is software, and software will always have bugs. The bugs were neither egregious nor wide-spread (although to hear the kvetching you'd think that every Aperture user had their photo libraries replaced with goat se pics and emailed to their coworkers).

The much less vocal majority have been using Aperture 3 for a while now and are getting a heck of a lot of use out of it.

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
There is pinch zoom in the browser view and while working with Faces, just not while editing a picture.

IMHO, pinch zoom gets in my way more often than not. I find myself accidentally triggering it while dragging a selection in Faces or the browser. I strongly prefer more intentional control over something like that in a pro photo package ...

That having been said, it would be nice to be an option.

It's indeed in the browser, but it would be nice to have it in full screen mode to fluently zoom in and out on the image. And since some people don't prefer it, it should be possible to toggle it on or off. Personally I would appreciate it.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
I've been using Aperture 3.0 since 3.0.1 came out. This is FAR from "beta" quality software. It's rock solid on my 250GB+ Aperture library.

Yes, some folks have had problems, but that's to be expected; this is software, and software will always have bugs. The bugs were neither egregious nor wide-spread (although to hear the kvetching you'd think that every Aperture user had their photo libraries replaced with goat se pics and emailed to their coworkers).

The much less vocal majority have been using Aperture 3 for a while now and are getting a heck of a lot of use out of it.

Another +1.....loving it and zero problems here.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.