PDA

View Full Version : My father is insane!!!

Mblazened
Sep 6, 2004, 11:42 PM
Check this out: fireball (http://www.detonationfilms.com/stock-mpgs/ThunderpipeFX1-fire.mpg)

My dad makes his own special FX for his movies... This is him showing off his new toy... Thunderpipe FX (http://www.detonationfilms.com/ThunderpipeFX1.htm)

This is NOT a composite... That fireball is real and right outside my bedroom... do not try this at home!

My dad offers free stuff (keyable explosions, fx) on his website. All you amateur filmmakers should check it out: Detonation Films (http://www.detonationfilms.com)

Peace

FredAkbar
Sep 6, 2004, 11:55 PM
Looks pretty cool. When I saw this thread title I thought it was gonna be about someone's dad buying a Dell or something :rolleyes: (not that that wouldn't be equally insane ;)).

aus_dave
Sep 7, 2004, 12:13 AM
That's amazing - what do your neighbours think about the fireballs they see over the back fence? :D

You must have pretty amazing fireworks nights too :eek:.

iMeowbot
Sep 7, 2004, 12:19 AM
Now that is a proper hobby.

BrianKonarsMac
Sep 7, 2004, 12:32 AM
mmm....kaboom! your dad is living the dream of pyro's such as myself everywhere. unfortunately, i love my extremeties...so have been forced to avoid explosives of all types.

Mblazened
Sep 7, 2004, 12:44 AM
That's amazing - what do your neighbours think about the fireballs they see over the back fence? :D

You must have pretty amazing fireworks nights too :eek:.

My neighbors like to come over and watch. Every day at my house is the 4th of July...

JRam
Sep 7, 2004, 02:47 AM
Wow, holidays at your house must be insane. Especially halloween and the fourth of july. Not sure why I think halloween is so crazy with the pyrotechnics but dam... those trick or treaters would be in for a surprise if I had half your dads skill/explosives. Id very much like to get ahold of one of those kerosine thingy mo' 'splosives.

Coolvirus007
Sep 7, 2004, 02:49 AM
wow, you dad has a lot of time on his hands. and what do your neighbors think?

zv470
Sep 7, 2004, 03:15 AM
Wow Awesome, truly Awesome! :) You could make an amazing tribute to the Bladerunner intro.

JLS
Sep 7, 2004, 06:18 AM
Hahahah! Isnt that illegal to do it in public?

virividox
Sep 7, 2004, 06:58 AM
wow tats some crazy stuff hehe

5300cs
Sep 7, 2004, 08:54 AM
Does he do birthday parties?

Mr. Anderson
Sep 7, 2004, 09:00 AM
Great stuff :D

Has he ever had any thing go wrong? That's so serious stuff, and I've worked with a company that blows things up all the time - there have been some near misses.....

D

Mblazened
Sep 7, 2004, 11:29 AM
Great stuff :D

Has he ever had any thing go wrong? That's so serious stuff, and I've worked with a company that blows things up all the time - there have been some near misses.....

D

Yeah, my brother got hit by an explosion and got badly burned on his neck and back. We have footage of that too but I won't be posting it, sorry.

cb911
Sep 15, 2004, 08:09 AM
wow!! crazy, but definitely very cool. :D not to mention fun. :cool:

also, i think i've seen that site before when i was searching for this type of stuff. a good resource. i remember i nearly went nuts when i found that site, with all those stock clips. say thanks to your Dad for me. :D

is that really safe to be doing that so close to the house? wouldn't that just act like a giant blowtorch?

:eek:

Les Kern
Sep 15, 2004, 08:25 AM
Can he help me with my ex?

FuzzyBallz
Sep 15, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hmmm... BBQ.

stevehaslip
Sep 15, 2004, 06:01 PM
This is seriously cool, but i can't believe that someone just does this kinda thing in his back yard?!?! I've seen someone running about their garden in the US with a flame thrower (on the internet) i think that may have even been on here. its crazy!!!!! handguns and explosives!! only in the US i tells ya!! nearest i get to this in the UK is stepping on a slug on my garden path! :eek:

FuzzyBallz
Sep 15, 2004, 06:44 PM
It's true, even babies pack heat here in the US.

Apple Hobo
Sep 15, 2004, 06:51 PM
Now that is a proper hobby.

Damn straight! :cool: