PDA

View Full Version : i

sandman42
Sep 7, 2004, 12:43 AM
Anyone have any evidence that the well-known iBook logic board failures can lead to problems with CD-Rom or Combo Drives?

My computer's in the serial number range that's prone to the logic board failure, and I recently started having trouble with my Combo Drive. I looked on Apple's support/discussion page, and it seems like lots of others are having problems, and some people have experiences that suggest that Apple may be acknowledging some connection between the two.

I called Apple's tech support about my Combo Drive, and they quoted me a 'ballpark' price of $1000 (yes, you read that right) to fix my Combo Drive! Since a replacement drive is only about $150, and a tech can change it in a couple hours at most, I can't understand that price. I was too shocked to ask them to itemize that quote for me; I plan to call back and do just that, but I want to do my homework first. I have to wonder if that quote is based on a logic board replacement, if that's the case I should be able to get it for free.

If anyone has any experience with the extended warranty and optical drive replacement I'd sure like to hear about it.

Thanks!

stoid
Sep 7, 2004, 12:45 AM
i

assume you hit a wrong button, and there is more to this thread.

profound

yoda13
Sep 7, 2004, 12:49 AM
um, OK. This has to be the record for the shortest thread topic ever :D

cb911
Sep 7, 2004, 01:15 AM
he he. LOL. :D

he he he... oh yeah, back on topic. well if you're having troubles that could be the logic board, take it in and say that you're logic board is playing up. worth a try i guess.

and that topic was a tough one to get into. i was nearly kept out because it's hard to click on that small 'i'. :p :D

sandman42
Sep 7, 2004, 01:19 AM
I accidentally hit enter after I typed the very first letter! I edited the post, but I couldn't change the thread title. Well, should be good for a larf, I guess. I reposted the thread with the correct title.