Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All,

It is time to again discuss a topic for our next fortnightly challenge. I want to thank Designer Dale for handling the last challenge. For anyone who is unaware, Dale is the official "Cat Header" of the fortnightly challenge and my backup. So thanks again Dale, and lets start discussing our next challenge.

John

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I wish I could put that feeling that I always get this time of year into words, that'd be my suggestion. It's like some sort of natural high, sorta makes me mildly manic, in a good sort of way. Nothing like finally leaving the cold bitter weather behind, and getting outside comfortably for the first time in 4 or 5 months.

SLC

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I wish I could put that feeling that I always get this time of year into words, that'd be my suggestion. It's like some sort of natural high, sorta makes me mildly manic, in a good sort of way. Nothing like finally leaving the cold bitter weather behind, and getting outside comfortably for the first time in 4 or 5 months.

SLC
^^^ A Photo Worth a Thousand Words?

Organic?

Bio or biosynthesis? (of or relating to life)

I kind of like Organic. Has a wide definition.

Dale

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009

SLC

How about "New Life"? That's kind of the feeling spring gives me. It could be interpreted a number of ways. Plus my first nephew is to be born soon (not in the challenge period though) so that was the first thing that popped in my head when I read your comment.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Just a note from my part of the world. It's still March, as in January, February, March. Spring is on the way, but the weather here is cold, windy and rain. The mountains are still covered in snow.

Pardon the reality check...:)

The current leaders are:

Change +1
Organic +1

The rest of the field at this point is:

life
Colorful
Contrast
Emergence
Genesis
Arrival
Kickoff
New Life

Keep chatting, kitties :rolleyes:

Dale...:cool:...

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Below is the current topic for the Weekly Contest. We need to avoid duplicating it. That could be confusing to some since we encourage chatter and the Contest rules it out.

This week's theme: Awaken

This topic is broad and allows for creativity.
Thought starters: Transformation, change of position or action, or what imparts onto you emotional or cognitive impact.
Have fun with it, I'm looking forward to seeing your creative interpretations of the topic.

Dale

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Below is the current topic for the Weekly Contest. We need to avoid duplicating it. That could be confusing to some since we encourage chatter and the Contest rules it out.
Dale

I agree.

I like light painting or organic. The next couple of weeks should be a bit slower for me. I hope I'll actually be able to get out and shoot new stuff.

John -- We are glad you're back.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Just a note from my part of the world. It's still March, as in January, February, March. Spring is on the way, but the weather here is cold, windy and rain. The mountains are still covered in snow.

I live in Cleveland, OH. It was 60F today. We could just as easily have a foot of snow next week.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
It appears to be a race between Change, Organic, and Light Painting. I will be posting the new challenge tomorrow so voting will close at 7:00am CDT Fri March 19th (Tomorrow morning in the US).

John

John -- We are glad you're back.

Thanks, I'm glad to be back online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.