Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
It's FINALLY HERE! :D It's a DS Space RPG. It reminds me of the old anime I grew up on in the eighties, so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations.

I'm actually going to start on it before Zelda Spirit Tracks, which I bought during release.

Anyone else buying, or is it tooooo obscure of a game for most?

+++

Well, the intro was a bit cheese and I'm somewhat confused to what's going on, as it's all like ha, you're here, oh no, that just happened, so go get them...

Anyways, you can buy blueprints to build a ship, which I just got to and now I realized that there's lots of things I need to understand, which is good, it's just more than my tired mind wants to wrap around right now. Getting to this point was kind of weird. I'm hoping this game works out like Castlevania, where as once I understand it, it will be hard to put down.

robj

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Madrid, Spain
This is the one developed by planitium games ( the devs of Bayonetta ) right?

I heard good things about this game, I have to give it a try :)

Has anybody tried it already?

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Yep, it's from Platinum.

It's a bit wonky and has had a rough start, but as I'm just at the top layer, I'm starting to see a complexity that I usually enjoy. You can fully customize your ship, its crew, and so on.

Anyways, if you like the cheese that is anime and space RPGs, this game is probably up your ally. That's why I bought it. Some of my favorite games have had a poor start, so I'm not giving up on this one.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Is it like Elite? The trailer hasn't showed any gameplay yet and it's taking ages to load here :eek:.
What I'd give for an Elite-esque game on the DS...

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I'm not getting an elite vive, which would have been awesome. The space flight is path driven. No free space flight, your confined to set routes. I was hoping for at least something like Starflight. :(

It's more of a traditional RPG, but instead of the typical area map, which contains villages and so on, it's a star map with planets/etc.(which are the villages).

On each planet there's a space-elevators, which have "taverns." From there you talk toe the barkeep and local patrons to make the game progress -- which so far hasn't been exactly smooth. I kind of stumbled on to it.

Battles are based on timing and distance and is turned base. I'm still learning the routes though and have only fought with a single ship. I'm not sure how it will handle multiple vessels.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sounds a bit like Star Ocean but with more spacey exploration, sounds pretty good actually!

But man an Elite styled game... that would just be brilliant for the DS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.