Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

171331-jerry_york.jpg

Apple today announced that Board member Jerome "Jerry" York has passed away after suffering a cerebral hemorrhage Tuesday night.
"Jerry joined Apple’s Board in 1997 when most doubted the company's future. He has been a pillar of financial and business expertise and insight on our Board for over a dozen years," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "It's been a privilege to know and work with Jerry, and I'm going to miss him a lot."
As we noted yesterday, York was hand-picked for his director's position by Jobs in 1997 when Jobs took on the "interim" CEO position after the ousting of Gil Amelio. In addition to his director's position, York was also serving as Chair of the board's Audit and Finance Committee.

Article Link: Apple Director Jerome York Passes Away After Stroke

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
And that was it!

One moment alive and the next minute.... gone!

That is why we have to be happy and specially shre with others.

There is a saying I always remember because is a law:

"The only pain you should be afraid of is the love you hold" because after the person is gone is gone.

This gentleman was part of Apple and he mande many things possible and he made us happy too. Best wishes to his families and friends and I am sure he will be well remembered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.