PDA

View Full Version : ibook 14in battery

yishy
Sep 7, 2004, 07:45 PM
not sure if this is normal or not, but the battery display shows the charge dropping while its plugged in. i had my ibook plugged in (non-stop) for a couple days and the charge went down to 94% is this normal.

Secondly what is the average battery length people have been getting on their ibook for regular use (word etc.)

yoda13
Sep 7, 2004, 08:50 PM
I have a 14" iBook as my backup computer. When it is working right, I get about 3:45 on a charge and the charge does not drop when it is plugged in. When the battery was new I got about 4:10. But it is a couple of years old now.

NusuniAdmin
Sep 7, 2004, 09:02 PM
on my ibook (sig below) i have gotten a max of 6:22 hours, with lotsa of battery saving things like low screen brightness

yoda13
Sep 7, 2004, 09:26 PM
The last post made me realize I should point out that my iBook is an old 700mhz G3. So its powersaving techniques probably aren't as good as the previous poster's G4. Also, I do not turn the settings down to conserve power.

thehuncamunca
Sep 7, 2004, 09:56 PM
on the G4 at least, the battery will drop to 95 or 94% before charging back up to 100% again (this helps extend the battery life as opposed to constantly charging it to keep it at 100)

on my ibook G4 1.2GHz i get 4+ hours

not sure if this is normal or not, but the battery display shows the charge dropping while its plugged in. i had my ibook plugged in (non-stop) for a couple days and the charge went down to 94% is this normal.

Secondly what is the average battery length people have been getting on their ibook for regular use (word etc.)