Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
That is like the most lasiest thing i have ever seen. Simply Hilarious. Its like "lets see who is the uber-geek this week at the lan party".

Did anyone see the Dell XPS laptop that was being advertised on Yahoo! today? The thing probably is not that much better than a top of the line powerbook yet its like a foot thick. I wondered why would Dell advertise this beast on Yahoo!? If we put a Pwerbook on there the world would be awe struck after seeing that piece of s**t.

MrJohnson

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2004
TO bad thoes straps make it very easy to carry your GAMING computer around.

Also the XPS is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the 17" powerbook. 3.4Ghz P4 EE, 2GB Ram, dual 60GB with raid, huge high resolution screen, and a mobile 9800 pro with 256mb of video ram.

nice try guys.

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Man, how lame was that pitch at dissing PCs. At least the PC guys go to LAN parties, 'cause last I heard, LAN parties don't accept Macs. ha... ha... ha...

ocellnuri

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2004
Raleigh, NC, USA
I've got an Antec branded PC carry strap system like the one linked to, and I love it. Makes it much easier to move my desktop from home to the dorm and back. Holds my PC, keyboard, mouse, a few vital CD's, cables... everything I need.

So should we expect a post cracking on bookbags for carrying books around on our backs?

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
daveway00 said:
That is like the most lasiest thing i have ever seen. Simply Hilarious. Its like "lets see who is the uber-geek this week at the lan party".

Did anyone see the Dell XPS laptop that was being advertised on Yahoo! today? The thing probably is not that much better than a top of the line powerbook yet its like a foot thick. I wondered why would Dell advertise this beast on Yahoo!? If we put a Pwerbook on there the world would be awe struck after seeing that piece of s**t.

Ummm that laptop has desktop components in it and WOULD blow the doors off of any *book out there.

Lets see:

-Intel® Pentium® 4 3.4GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading, 800MHz Front Side Bus and up to 2GB 400MHz DDR Dual Channel RAM. (So its a P4 which sucks to begin with but even then its speed still would kill the top of the line PowerBook and look at the FSB.)

-Integrated subwoofer. = The sound is going to be better then anything comming from a *book

-60, 80 or 100 GB1 Ultra ATA hard drive (Enough said.)

-Standard: 128MB ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9700 Optional: 256MB DDR ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9800

-Upgradable GPU. Yah you can upgrade the graphics card later on. Nice huh.

-1920x1200 (Mmmm crispy graphics.)

Sorry try again.
The thing is a gaming rig to take the place of a desktop. It wasn't meant to be slim and light. If it was it might be. Oh I don't know. Maybe this:
D600

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
blueflame said:
thank god for apple...
Seriously though, this is hilarious

http://www.3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=A1877

ak

Try dragging a desktop to a LAN party and see how easy it is before you rag on a interesting method of transporting one. What? You think a PowerBook could keep pace with a desktop in a gaming session. Good luck.
hehe. I love these boards sometimes. Good conversations but the bottom of the barrel things people use to rag on PC systems is er....interesting. What next? “Look at that yellow laptop case offered by Dell. God do PC's suck!!”

If you are going to rag on anything how about WinXP SP2 and how its doing a marvelous job of BSODing people’s machines.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I admit, i was out of line, but my debate was on its size. And yes i talked to my CompUSA Apple guy and he brings his G5 to lan parties all the time and he said their jaws drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.