PDA

View Full Version : Issue with some MKV files in VLC

sudhir
Mar 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi, All I am new to these forums but found the information here very useful. I have just recently built a Mac Mini Home theater from the advice from this forum and its been working very well except so some movies (downloaded MKV files) play fine on "Windows Media Player classic" but don't play properly on Plex, XMBC or VLC.

If you forward the file by 1-2 min it starts playing fine but otherwise the player just stops playing the file after 1-2 seconds. Its seems to be a issue with the file for sure, but some player/CODEC seem to be more robust in handling glitchy files than others. This also only seems to happen only in the beginning of the movie, once you forward, say 1 min they seem to play fine. Same behavior happens if I use WD Live but the same file works fine with Popcorn Hour. It seems like the beginning of these files is partially corrupted.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? other than downloading the file again? are there any codec's i can change in VLC or Plex which can address this? or are there any utilities i can run on the MKV files to clean the glitch out?

Appreciate your feedback.