Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacktorrance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Hi all,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed and booted via bootcamp.
I have Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on DVD which, when I double click, presents me with the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need and x86 or x64 version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

I have checked the file on a PC with the same Windows 7 installation and it works fine.

I have also tried copying the contents of the disc to a folder on the desktop and running the setup file from there but still no joy.

I haven't encountered this problem before and wondered whether it could be a boot camp specific error?

Thanks/

Daxboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2010
Same Here! Help please...

I have exactly the same problem over here...
worse actrually, i'm not only experiencing this installation problem with Bad Company 2, buta also fallout 3 and castle wolfenstein (latest one). Stalker (pripyat) on the other hand works perfectly fine...

I've tried every possible compatibility mode and admin stuff but keeps giving me the same message...

Same bootcamp and win 7 64 bit install....

Could someone please help?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
In a thread like this it helps a lot if you state your hardware. Although it might not apply in either of your cases, especially if you can run Stalker (although I don't know its requirements off hand) this thread seems to indicated the game won't run on integrated graphics such as Mac Books.

And there seems to be problems with Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PC side with Windows 7. EA Forum thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.