View Full Version : Atlanta, GA

splashnader
Mar 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
Those who wish to meet up in Atlanta.

Please decide which location you would prefer:

Lenox Mall (Apple Store)
3393 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326

Lenox Square is located in the prestigious Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia, between I-85 and State Highway 400, at the corner of Peachtree and Lenox Road. Detailed directions are available by calling Lenox Square's 24-hour Shopping Line at 404-233-6767.
Other location

Mall of Georgia (Apple Store)
3333 Buford Drive
Buford, GA 30519
(678) 482-8788

Located north of Atlanta in the city of Buford. Easily accessible by taking Interstate 85 north of the city of Atlanta. Take Buford Drive exit and follow the signs. This is also Highway 20 for those who are familiar with the city of Buford.

Detlev_73
Mar 22, 2010, 05:20 PM
Would it be possible to include Northpoint Mall and Perimeter Mall?

cc2096
Mar 23, 2010, 01:42 AM
Are we meeting up to purchase or just a general meeting up to get together with users and play with our new toy?

If it's the latter i'm in at whichever location everyone would like to meet. I have mine pre-ordered for delivery so I won't be standing in line to buy this time.

splashnader
Mar 23, 2010, 08:05 PM
Would it be possible to include Northpoint Mall and Perimeter Mall?

Absolutely. I should have added those. I am closer to the Mall of Georgia location, but work downtown, which is very close to Lenox Mall. But for other it may be more convenient to meet up at Northpoint or Perimeter Mall.

Just let me know. I am flexible to go to either.

splashnader
Mar 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
Are we meeting up to purchase or just a general meeting up to get together with users and play with our new toy?

If it's the latter i'm in at whichever location everyone would like to meet. I have mine pre-ordered for delivery so I won't be standing in line to buy this time.

I believe it's just a general meeting of others who have either already purchased or plan to purchase the ipad. Obviously many people will gather to purchase their ipad's at the launch meetups. Either way you can just come even if you are just interested, but not ready to buy. I mean it's not like anybody would mind.

Detlev_73
Mar 24, 2010, 05:23 PM
Absolutely. I should have added those. I am closer to the Mall of Georgia location, but work downtown, which is very close to Lenox Mall. But for other it may be more convenient to meet up at Northpoint or Perimeter Mall.

Just let me know. I am flexible to go to either.

:eek:

Holy mole! What a commute! Glad I live and work in Roswell, roundtrip from home-work-home is 2 miles.

My condolences to your vehicle.

cc2096
Mar 24, 2010, 05:28 PM
I believe it's just a general meeting of others who have either already purchased or plan to purchase the ipad. Obviously many people will gather to purchase their ipad's at the launch meetups. Either way you can just come even if you are just interested, but not ready to buy. I mean it's not like anybody would mind.

OK then definitely count me in. I will also bring a buddy who will be getting his in the mail on the 3rd too.

dbknightx
Mar 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
I'm going to be picking mine up at Northpoint. Has anybody contacted Northpoint to confirm that they'll be open at 9am? The mall officially opens at 10am, and I've heard that some stores in some locations are not opening till the mall does.

I'll probably give them a call sometime in the next few days to find out for sure. I need to get mine as early as possible in the morning as I have to get home, sync it, and head for the airport at around 1pm. Talk about cutting it close!

-David

Vonswanko
Mar 26, 2010, 02:38 PM
I'll be going to the Perimeter Store. What time is everyone going to Apple? Anyone know what the procedure is going to be to pick one up? Think there will be a crazy long line and you'll have to wait like when the 3GS came out?

splashnader
Mar 26, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'll be going to the Perimeter Store. What time is everyone going to Apple? Anyone know what the procedure is going to be to pick one up? Think there will be a crazy long line and you'll have to wait like when the 3GS came out?

I spoke to a friend of mine who works at the Apple Store out in Gwinnett and he stated that they plan to handle the crowds and pre-orders just like they handled the IPhone 3GS. He said they will set up ropes that lead to a special line in the store that will handle the orders exclusively for the ipad. All of the people who just wish to look around and purchase other items will come into the store and meet as usual. He did caution me that there would be a very limited number of apple employees there to sell anything other then the ipad. So I guess if you are coming in for a mac book pro or something you might have to wait a long time.

poblack
Mar 26, 2010, 09:09 PM
Can we go to Magic City after the meet up?

Vonswanko
Mar 27, 2010, 01:51 PM
So whats a good time to head up? If they open at 9, 6? 7? The lines gonna be long, but at least there aren't activation issues to deal with. I'm going to head up around between 6 and 7, get breakfast and coffee...hang out.

SixSlinger
Mar 31, 2010, 08:59 AM
I'll be at Perimeter Mall around 8:30. I don't think the lines will be anything like iPhone, but I could be wrong...

rgbyhkr
Apr 1, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'll be at Perimeter Mall around 8:30. I don't think the lines will be anything like iPhone, but I could be wrong...

At least the lines should move quickly - no contract issues and activation server slowdowns to trip up the flow. Even if they are long to start with, I can't imagine that it would take all that long to get through. You get your reserve, maybe buy some accessories, pay and done.

Jeff

INeedAMacBook
Apr 1, 2010, 01:49 PM
so are all you guys friends or something?

poblack
Apr 1, 2010, 10:35 PM
so are all you guys friends or something?

Everyone is your friend on Macrumors!!!!

bnerd
Apr 2, 2010, 01:07 AM
I'll be at Lenox first thing in the morning.

SixSlinger
Apr 2, 2010, 11:56 AM
At least the lines should move quickly - no contract issues and activation server slowdowns to trip up the flow. Even if they are long to start with, I can't imagine that it would take all that long to get through. You get your reserve, maybe buy some accessories, pay and done.

Jeff

I hope your right. I haven't mentally prepared myself for something like the iPhone/iPhone 3G launch. I wish I hadn't preordered the case and dock from the Online Apple Store so I could have everything at once, but oh well.

splashnader
Apr 2, 2010, 07:21 PM
I am still going to try and be at the Apple store in the Georgia Mall by Noon. But I may not be there long, because I have to travel mid-day Saturday. Last minute Easter plans that came up. :(

skippy911
Apr 2, 2010, 08:59 PM
Ill be at npoint around 820 tomorrow if the mall is open :)

ubercool
Apr 3, 2010, 07:36 AM
What's the line like? Anyone there yet? :)

pagansoul
Apr 3, 2010, 08:33 AM
I have a pre-order for the 3G so it's not about pickup for me. Right now I'm heading to my Best Buy on Pleasent Hill (Rt 85N Exit 104) just to look at the thing and play with it. I'm hope the lines will be nothing. At lunch I'll be at Mall of Georgia.

pyrodex
Apr 3, 2010, 08:43 AM
I hate you guys! No just kidding I pre-ordered the 3G version. I was SO tempted this morning to just go stand in line for the fun of it like I did with the iPhone 3G/3GS

joelk
Apr 3, 2010, 11:36 AM
if you've just come back from an apple store, how's the availability of supply at apple stores this afternoon?

joelk
Apr 3, 2010, 04:33 PM
To answer my own question, I went to the Apple store at Lenox today around 3:30pm and they had plenty of every model. Got my 32G iPad without too much waiting. They aren't going to run out anytime soon it appeared.

crazy crowds though

ubercool
Apr 3, 2010, 05:19 PM
To answer my own question, I went to the Apple store at Lenox today around 3:30pm and they had plenty of every model. Got my 32G iPad without too much waiting. They aren't going to run out anytime soon it appeared.

crazy crowds though

I love to hear that! I'm going after 7p tonite! :D

indy1979
Apr 23, 2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone planning on going to the Mall of GA on the 30th? What time are you getting there? I have the day off and nothing better to do than sit in line...

2002cbr600f4i
Apr 27, 2010, 09:21 AM
Eh, I was going to hit the Duluth Best Buy store (need to put it on my BB card, plus it's only 3 miles from my house.) I have the whole day off so I figured I'd show up there early in the morning, see what's going on, stand in a line if need be, etc.

The apple rep there last night was WORTHLESS. He said he wasn't even sure they'd be getting any in for Friday... I figure they'll get a shipment in before noon...

indy1979
Apr 27, 2010, 10:09 AM
The apple rep there last night was WORTHLESS. He said he wasn't even sure they'd be getting any in for Friday... I figure they'll get a shipment in before noon...

Kinda makes you wonder if they are an actual Apple employee but hired under BB hiring standards for GeekSquad or if it's a Geek with an Apple shirt.

apco25guy
Apr 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Mall of GA on the 30th? What time are you getting there? I have the day off and nothing better to do than sit in line...

I'm planning on going to MofGA Friday to pickup the 3g Ipad.

I"m thinking about getting there around noon. Since the release is 5pm, I cant imagine waiting more than 5 hours for this.... I hope I'm not wrong.

ttate90303
Apr 30, 2010, 01:13 PM
So anybody know how the lines are at Mall of Georgia or Perimeter?