PDA

View Full Version : Tysons Corner VA Apple Store

Clix Pix
Mar 19, 2010, 08:39 PM
Tysons Corner Mall Apple Store, Tysons Corner (Vienna) VA.

See some of you guys there?!!!

Consultant
Mar 22, 2010, 02:08 PM
I would be at Tysons if there is no Reston store...

Clix Pix
Mar 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
We're blessed in the DC/VA/MD area with a lot of Apple stores to which to go, which is great! I've always gone to the Tysons store, as it's closest to where I live, and I'm looking forward to being there in just 12 days!

computermilk
Mar 31, 2010, 10:51 AM
We're blessed in the DC/VA/MD area with a lot of Apple stores to which to go, which is great! I've always gone to the Tysons store, as it's closest to where I live, and I'm looking forward to being there in just 12 days!

Hey Clix Pix

Is that inside a mall?

if so does the mall stay open during the night to allow people to form a line?

Im down here near Fair Oaks mall, and i called the Apple store,and the guy over the phone was a douchebag about answering the question. So im not sure how lines will work for that Apple store.

It's important for people to know this, our apple stores are generally inside Malls, so how does that work? What if someone starts forming a Line on the other side of the mall outside, and someone else does vice versa? LoL

duffyanneal
Mar 31, 2010, 12:34 PM
I was at Tyson's for the 3G iPhone launch. I showed up around 6 AM and was able to walk in and take my place in the line.

computermilk
Mar 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
I was at Tyson's for the 3G iPhone launch. I showed up around 6 AM and was able to walk in and take my place in the line.

I wonder what time they open though =(

Clix Pix
Mar 31, 2010, 01:05 PM
Tysons IS an indoor mall, yes. I don't know if they are actually open all night, I doubt that, but when I went for the 3G iPhone launch, I got there at 5:30 or 5:45, something like that, and was able to enter. I believe that they had only the one entrance open, though, the one which is closest to the Apple store, and mall security was around there, so I'm guessing that they did this specifically for the Apple store and the launch. I would expect that the situation will be similar on Saturday.

I was at the Apple store last night and one of the employees mentioned that he'll be there at 7:00 AM that day, presumably to assist with getting things set up.

No idea about how they'll do things at Fair Oaks. It's a smaller Apple store than the one at Tysons, if I recall correctly. I've only been there once and don't remember where it's located within the mall.

computermilk
Mar 31, 2010, 01:18 PM
Tysons IS an indoor mall, yes. I don't know if they are actually open all night, I doubt that, but when I went for the 3G iPhone launch, I got there at 5:30 or 5:45, something like that, and was able to enter. I believe that they had only the one entrance open, though, the one which is closest to the Apple store, and mall security was around there, so I'm guessing that they did this specifically for the Apple store and the launch. I would expect that the situation will be similar on Saturday.

I was at the Apple store last night and one of the employees mentioned that he'll be there at 7:00 AM that day, presumably to assist with getting things set up.

No idea about how they'll do things at Fair Oaks. It's a smaller Apple store than the one at Tysons, if I recall correctly. I've only been there once and don't remember where it's located within the mall.

Ok cool,

so what time are you going to show up on sat morning then?

I think i will make the drive all the way up there since i feel a little bit more comfortable about the mall opening early.

I did not reserve or Pre order, so i just want to make sure that I can get in line early enough before anyone else, So i can get one =D

My twitter is computermilk btw. I will probably be tweeting when i'm in the parking lot.

I have no idea which entrance is that, could you describe which one it is?

Clix Pix
Apr 1, 2010, 10:12 AM
When I drive to Tysons I use the International Drive entrance and once in the mall area, make a left; I then enter the parking garage that is there. Bloomies is on the corner and there is a mall entrance at ground level. You walk in that entrance, walk straight ahead and the Apple store is there at the other side.

I know that probably isn't very clear and the parking garages don't have names or numbers on them, unfortunately, so no way to specifically identify it. I have the feeling that the Tysons store will be very, very crowded, probably more so than Fair Oaks, so you'd better get here before the crack of dawn if you don't have a reserved iPad!!!

betaboy78
Apr 1, 2010, 08:25 PM
This is so tough. Do I go to Tysons or Pentagon City? I didn't pre order so I am trying to hedge my bets. :) Any thoughts? Also, how early should I show up? I was thinking between 7-8am, but will that be early enough I wonder? Hmmmm. The sales staff at Tysons always seems nicer to me so I may end up gong there. See you guys then!

Consultant
Apr 3, 2010, 03:27 AM
This is so tough. Do I go to Tysons or Pentagon City? I didn't pre order so I am trying to hedge my bets. :) Any thoughts? Also, how early should I show up? I was thinking between 7-8am, but will that be early enough I wonder? Hmmmm. The sales staff at Tysons always seems nicer to me so I may end up gong there. See you guys then!

Tysons store is much larger than Pentagon City. Pentagon city is a mini-store if I remember correctly.

Clix Pix
Apr 3, 2010, 04:52 AM
Here at tysons and third in reserve line; six in non-reserve line. Come on over!

betaboy78
Apr 3, 2010, 05:19 AM
Hello All! 3rd in purchase line. Surprised it is not much busier.

longofest
Apr 3, 2010, 08:13 AM
Line is moving here at Clarendon. Two lines set up: one for reservations and one for purchases (I'm in purchase line). A decent number or folks are here, but there are almost an equal number of apple store employees. It got scarry when they started chanting (see my Twitter post @longofest)

Consultant
Apr 3, 2010, 11:55 AM
Here at tysons and third in reserve line; six in non-reserve line. Come on over!

How do you stay in 2 lines? Clone yourself?

Clix Pix
Apr 3, 2010, 04:38 PM
How do you stay in 2 lines? Clone yourself?

Lol! No, what meant to say was that I was third in the line of reserve folks and that there were six people in the line of non-reserve folks. I was still giddy from excitement as well as still becoming accustomed to typing on this thing so was uncharacteristically brief as week as unclear.