PDA

View Full Version : Planning on buying the Optio W90?

Mac'nCheese
Mar 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone is buying the Optio W90 waterproof camera from Pentax. I'd like to read a review.

azboricua
Mar 22, 2010, 03:09 PM
I came up empty on my review search. Maybe too close to the release date?

Mac'nCheese
Mar 22, 2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, they are still on preorder so I guess not yet. Hoping someone here buys one before my vacation and can give me a good review.

jampat
Mar 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
I don't know what model it was, but I was in a cave with a guy that lost his Olympus in about 30' of water. We found it an hour later and the damn thing still worked well. It got some water behind a protective cover over the lens, but it dried out in a few days.

I was pretty impressed, I figured it would have been drowned since it is not rated for that deep.

I am seriously considering one for a vacation camera.

Mac'nCheese
Mar 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
It also has hd video so it kills two birds with one stone. Waterproof digital camera and "cheap" waterproof video camera.

Warfel005
Apr 21, 2010, 08:09 PM
im going to buy one. i read a lot about the w80's and that convinced me. the only main difference between the w80 and the w90 is the redesign as well as the extremes have been extended (which i need). Plus pentax has a good history with waterproof cameras. they were the first. unfortunately im waiting for funds to come together so i wont be getting mine for a month or so :/