Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Just wondering if anyone is buying the Optio W90 waterproof camera from Pentax. I'd like to read a review.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Yeah, they are still on preorder so I guess not yet. Hoping someone here buys one before my vacation and can give me a good review.

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
I don't know what model it was, but I was in a cave with a guy that lost his Olympus in about 30' of water. We found it an hour later and the damn thing still worked well. It got some water behind a protective cover over the lens, but it dried out in a few days.

I was pretty impressed, I figured it would have been drowned since it is not rated for that deep.

I am seriously considering one for a vacation camera.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
It also has hd video so it kills two birds with one stone. Waterproof digital camera and "cheap" waterproof video camera.

Warfel005

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
im going to buy one. i read a lot about the w80's and that convinced me. the only main difference between the w80 and the w90 is the redesign as well as the extremes have been extended (which i need). Plus pentax has a good history with waterproof cameras. they were the first. unfortunately im waiting for funds to come together so i wont be getting mine for a month or so :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.