Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbshooter52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I have a 64gb ipod touch. First I was using a PC & had trouble there(mostly PC issues) but I did get it to sync with itunes. I transferred some pics from my PC to my ipod touch but, the next time I plugged in the ipod itunes then would not recognize it. I have since bought a Mac computer & itunes still would not recognize my "touch". I phoned Apple Support & they had me ship them the "touch" & they sent me a new one.

Now, even with the new "touch" it will not sync with itunes. itunes just does not recognize the ipod at all.

I'm lost here as to what to do?? Can anyone here offer any suggestions? TIA

jona2d

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I have a 64gb ipod touch. First I was using a PC & had trouble there(mostly PC issues) but I did get it to sync with itunes. I transferred some pics from my PC to my ipod touch but, the next time I plugged in the ipod itunes then would not recognize it. I have since bought a Mac computer & itunes still would not recognize my "touch". I phoned Apple Support & they had me ship them the "touch" & they sent me a new one.

Now, even with the new "touch" it will not sync with itunes. itunes just does not recognize the ipod at all.

I'm lost here as to what to do?? Can anyone here offer any suggestions? TIA

I have had the same problem a couple of times with my touch, BUT in addition to iTunes not recognizing my ipod touch, the computer itself won't and the thing won't even charge.

I ran across some article on here saying the same thing (sorry i can't remember which one to give credit) but it suggested to re-install iTunes. I went to the iTunes website, re-downloaded and installed and then it finally recognized the touch. Not sure why or how, but it worked.

dbshooter52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Thanks for the tip Jona2d. I have tried that before posting here & it still didn't recognize my itouch. I'm lost! Other than phoning apple support yet again & requesting a refund I just don't know what to do. I thought it was something "I" was doing or NOT doing but reading here I see others have had syncing issues as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.