PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! info on hard drive info-file system types etc-i havnt got a clue !!!

wylie
Sep 9, 2004, 06:51 AM
Im getting my data recovered and they've sent me a form to fill out.....

i have a G4 powermac 1.25gb (dual boot) comp.....and the hard drive that was installed (that died) was a

HITACHI - Deskstar 80gb, ATA/IDE, 3.5 Inch AT, 7200rpm

I need to know the following info (and havnt got a clue)

1. Number of drives in system:

2. File System types (FAT, NTFS etc) and approximate sizes of partitions/volumes:
Are the drives: m Mirrored m Spanned m Striped m RAIDed m None

3. If you checked any of the above, please attach specifications of RAID set up and controller and layout diagram of the system. Finally sure to send all drives from the system (labelling their position).

:confused:

Thanks guys for any help

yippy
Sep 9, 2004, 07:17 AM
First of all, unless you reinstalled your system and put it in raid (which if you had you would know what they are talking about) So the "Are the drives: m Mirrored m Spanned m Striped m RAIDed m None" Doesn't apply to you.

Your drive is formatted in NTFS+ (Mac OS Extended). You have one drive that has one partition taking up the whole drive. And you should label the drive as single/master.

I think that should do it but I have never needed data recovery before. That sucks. Hope you get the important stuff back.

JackRipper
Sep 9, 2004, 08:20 AM
Your drive is formatted in NTFS+ (Mac OS Extended).

Mac OS Extendend is HFS+. NTFS is used by Win NT, 2K and XP.