Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Abstract said:
I wonder how hard he tried? Surely these puppies would have found a home someplace.

Yeah, anybody willing to shoot a puppy in the head (and subsequently be inane enough to get shot in the process) probably didn't put a lot of time or thought into getting them new homes. Obviously, he didn't even try to contact the animal shelter.

Of course, the fact that his dog had puppies that he couldn't find a home for is indicative of his sense of responsibility...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
emw said:
Of course, the fact that his dog had puppies that he couldn't find a home for is indicative of his sense of responsibility...

I wasn't even going to mention that one - its an even bigger issue.

Yeah, there are a bunch of great names for those pups! :D And I'm betting with the publicity of the story now, the animal shelter is going to get tons of calls for those 4 puppies - I think they're going to be fine.

D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Mr. Anderson said:
Sort of similar to the Rabbit ransom thread....
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/88038/

its a hypothetical question, though, reasoning through it, morals kick in. The response to this question would be different if someone pulled out a suitcase of cash.....:D

D

Well... at the end of the video you'll see they did reapproach those people (some of them) with a big check of money seeing if they still would... :)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
According to this page, at least 12 million dogs are euthanized each year. That's probably what would have happened at the shelter anyway. That's not to say this guy wasn't some sort of nut case, but it's not "easy" to find homes for dogs.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It is just so sad, if he didn't want the puppies then take them to a shelter. Puppies usually have a much better chance of adoption. Even if they are euthanized it would be better than being shot. He must have a type of mental disease to have treated puppies like that.

The fact that he was shot, sometimes what goes around comes around.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
themadchemist said:
Unfortunately, if Animal Control can't find homes for these puppies, they will meet a similar fate to that of our comrades.

True, though they'd likely endure a more peaceful death.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
themadchemist said:
Unfortunately, if Animal Control can't find homes for these puppies, they will meet a similar fate to that of our comrades.

I think puppies are usually easier to adopt than full grown dogs though. There's a higher chance of finding them homes.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
virividox said:
it serves the guy right, poor defensless puppies he could at least tired to give them to a shelter or find them homes; no reason to just shoot them

I'm betting that his excuse was that it costs money to bring them to a shelter. I know shelters in my area charge for bringing in pets. So I'm sure some people just drop them off in a box late at night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.